PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried stuffed mushrooms?

Chloe Thomas
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
stuffed mushrooms? They are lovely! U can scoop out the middle bit and fill it with spinach or seasoned rice and grill them. Sounds strange but it does taste nice :)

sugarmouse
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
I do this often.In fact I stuff any vegetable i can.:)

seitan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
heres my mushroom fix;
chopped raw mushrooms, on toast ,with a homemade (kind of) mayonaise :)

Andy
Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
they are alright, i prefer stuffed peppers though :thumbsup:

harpy
Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
I like them, but I usually stuff them with a mixture of breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, and nuts, with or without sherry, ginger and spring onions depending on mood.

Must try spinach another time, it sounds a good combination.

Agatha
Jul 8th, 2008, 08:26 PM
yes! i stuff mine with a mix of spinach onions nutmeg and breadcrumbs then bak in the oven. bit of vegan parmesan on top if i have any. yum yum!

Mahk
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:32 AM
I'm trying to incorporate more mushrooms into my diet. They seem to be the only vegan non-fortified vitamin D food that I can find and I like them! I will have a go at stuffed. I have vegan bread crumbs and vegan margarine, what else would I need if I was to make a "traditional version"?

harpy
Jul 10th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Not sure there really is a tradition of mushroom-stuffing, but you could add some garlic, herbs (e.g. parsley) and maybe nuts (e.g. almonds), along with the mushroom stalks, to your breadcrumbs and marg and pulverise lightly - that should do it.

They aren't literally stuffed (the way I do them anyway): you just spread the stuffing on top of flat mushrooms.

Aradia
Jul 11th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I love them stuffed with a chestnut mixture (with onion, lemon juice and whatever else I fancy on the day), then topped with breadcrumbs. Or filled with caremalised garlic, then roasted.

chickpea_chica
Jul 11th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Aradia that sounds like it would be a nice recipe for Christmas for those who celebrate it.