PDA

View Full Version : Yo! Sushi (in Brighton) anyone??

yo-yo
Jul 8th, 2008, 02:30 PM
hey peeps-

i'm going to yo! sushi (brighton) tonight with a friend, I was just wondering whether anyone has been before? if so, can you help me with what to eat???! looking at the menu online it looks like there's a few vegan dishes and I know dairy isn't really used in japanese cooking so i'm guessing most of the veggie options are vegan...?

I had a vegan sushi for the first time in a pub the other day and while the filling was delicious, I just can't stomach the seaweed it is wrapped in because it tastes like fish to me :( (anyone else have this?) which is rubbish because it is so jam-packed with nutritional goodness...

any tips or advice most welcome :) thanks xx

Ruby Rose
Jul 8th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Most of the veggie sushi at Yo Sushi will be wrapped in nori seaweed - eat it with a big slab of pickled ginger and dipped in soy sauce if you're not keen on the nori taste. Also they have some little bowls of noodles sometimes with soy sauce and sesame seeds.

Watch out for the egg - cooked into like an omelette thing, then cut into little squares.

They have a list of sushi that can be made up on request too, so you can ask them to adapt some of them to suit you?

It adds up pretty quickly in terms of cost, IMO, which is the down side.

yo-yo
Jul 8th, 2008, 03:50 PM
thanks ruby rose. yeh we're only going cos my friend has a 2 4 1 offer..

xx

RubyDuby
Jul 9th, 2008, 05:47 PM
i hate the taste of nori too, but can deal with it when the rice is on the outside of the roll. (then dip roll in wasabi and soy sauce mmm)

I hope u had a good meal!

yo-yo
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:15 PM
well, I walked in and I realised the smell of fish was too much for me...! didn't think about the fact that they'd be cooking it in the middle of the seats. ah well, I tried. sort of.

xxx