PDA

View Full Version : Vegan health project.

BagelKitty
Jul 10th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Hey guys! So I've only been a vegan for five days (was a vegetarian for years before this, and I just made the leap), and I am feeling AMAZING. I think I lost some weight, I have energy which is RARE for me, and I'm starting to crave tea instead of my usual scrambled eggs on buttered toast for breakfast. My SKIN is clearing up too! I did not expect these wonderful things. I have been waking up before my alarm clock, and when I get out of bed I am ready - to - go!

I am not a happy peppy person, and I'm usually half asleep as I drive to work in the morning, but now I'm energetic (still crabby, lol).

I am about 50 lbs overweight, and even though I've been dieting for something like seven years and sometimes seen results, nothing has ever made me feel so physically well as this. I was expecting to possibly lose weight, but I've never had energy just from a change in diet alone. I'm actually starting to consider going to the gym.

Anyway, I'm starting a project and hoping it will get some publicity when I execute it.

I am going to take a full-body picture of myself every week for a year, and then I'm going to make a montage video. Hopefully there will be a noticeable change in my body. I want to post the video on youtube to raise awareness about the health benefits of veganism. If anyone wants to join me, let me know! Maybe we can make a joined video. :) I want to eliminate the misconceptions that veganism = an eating disorder, and show people that you can eat what you want, when you want, and feel and look better than ever.

BJJNick
Jul 11th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I hope it turns out well!

Gorilla
Jul 14th, 2008, 03:09 PM
well done going vegan BagelKitty, glad to hear you're feeling so good! :) best of luck with the health project.