Korn
Jul 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM
What's your favorite?
What are your favorites?

:)

Korn
Jul 11th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Hi,

we have a couple of threads about vegan snacks already - and here's a poll about vegan snacks. The list (and sequence) is a bit random and preliminary still (the poll isn't open yet) - but did I forget something? Other comments?

Thanks!
:)

fondducoeur
Jul 11th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Mmmm....I think the list is pretty complete. I would probably have salsa on there (on chips or anything else) but I'm sure everyone has something they would add.

Korn
Jul 11th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Ill add salsa as a separate thing.

I'm sure everyone has something they would add.
Then we'll add it! :)

bryzee86
Jul 11th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Seaweed peanut crackers!

Risker
Jul 11th, 2008, 11:02 PM
TBH I think it's pretty futile to try and limit favourite vegan snacks down to a poll of 100, I like the premise but I don't think it's at all practical. Far too broad and varied a subject matter IMHO.

Maisiepaisie
Jul 12th, 2008, 12:01 AM
My favourite snack depends if I'm in a healthy mood or a pig-out mood :D

Korn
Jul 12th, 2008, 12:14 AM
TBH I think it's pretty futile to try and limit favourite vegan snacks down to a poll of 100, I like the premise but I don't think it's at all practical. Far too broad and varied a subject matter IMHO.

It's 122 so far, but the main idea is to give our visitors an overview of what vegans eat without having to read long threads like eg. this (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2870) one, containing 2-300 posts. I'm planning similar lists/polls for other food threads ('Vegan food you eat really often (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451)', 'List: Favourite vegan food (http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4019)') etc.

Andy
Jul 12th, 2008, 12:36 AM
takeaway sarnies are a rip off lol

how about home made ones like cheatin ham or tofutti slices

edit: ok i'm blind... i swear i didn't see "Home made sandwich" right underneath take away ones when I posted this :amazed_ani:

harpy
Jul 12th, 2008, 01:14 AM
I hope no-one's going to vote for "nothing" - that won't make many converts ;)

RubyDuby
Jul 12th, 2008, 01:18 AM
or 'water'. :D

eta: a lot of those are more like meals or components of meals than snacks, yeah?

I'd clump the fruits together to just 'fruit', take out the 'home made' or 'take-away' versions and clump together, clump together all cookies/biscuits into 1 category, nut butters can be all clumped together, do the same for dips, soups, etc. yeah, the list is a mess right now!!

i'm the messiest organization freak ever. :rolleyes:

bexi
Jul 13th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I want an "everything" option... :D

beanstew
Jul 13th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Oat cakes (with nut butters/marmite/whatever).

Ruby Rose
Jul 13th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Will we get more than one vote each? I mean, if it's down to one for me obviously it's going to be hummus - but I kind of see that as more of a staple than a snack!

umbilical
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:12 AM
soya yoghurt for me plz...

but leftovers will do it too :D

Glossgirl
Jul 16th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I dont know if a drink is a snack ...? But I snack a lot on almond milk, dark chocolate and blueberry smoothie.

Korn
Jul 16th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Will we get more than one vote each?
Sure....

I mean, if it's down to one for me obviously it's going to be hummus - but I kind of see that as more of a staple than a snack!
If something can be used as a snack, we'll put it into the poll. :)

I want an "everything" option... :D
OK!

eta: a lot of those are more like meals or components of meals than snacks, yeah?

I'd clump the fruits together to just 'fruit', take out the 'home made' or 'take-away' versions and clump together, clump together all cookies/biscuits into 1 category, nut butters can be all clumped together, do the same for dips, soups, etc. yeah, the list is a mess right now!!

i'm the messiest organization freak ever. :rolleyes:
Consider the list 'work in progress'... :)

We may still mention several types of fruit/nuts etc., just to remind people about all the snacks that's available out there.

More comments are welcome!

JC
Jul 16th, 2008, 12:40 PM
can we put nakd bars on the list please? and popcorn and soya chocolate if they're not already there. thanks!

Korn
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I totally forgot about this poll! Any more comments before we open it?

Buddha Belly
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Open it!

Korn
Apr 20th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Open it!

Done!

CrunchyMomma
Apr 20th, 2009, 10:51 PM
One of my hands-down favorite snacks is a handful of black seedless grapes. They're especially satisfying on a hot day when you need a quick snack. I usually wash up the entire bunch and put them in the fridge so they're ready to go when I have the craving.

Bellarose
May 19th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Did I miss it or is fruit smoothie not on the list? I chose some others, but that is definitely my favorite. A bonus, although some places use dairy, you can find them many places without. :)

xrodolfox
May 19th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I snack on the defeat of my enemies.

That and grapes, oranges, and seitan.

Kitteh
May 19th, 2009, 10:54 AM
What's "raw laver"?