PDA

View Full Version : The Juice Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

gertvegan
Jul 11th, 2004, 05:46 PM
As its summer here in the UK :confused: and as I have just bought a quality juicer, could anyone recommend some juicing recepes please. I bought a juice receipe book yesterday, but it would be nicer to have some recommended. Thanks in advance. ;)

Mystic
Jul 12th, 2004, 06:41 AM
I am not very interesting coz I just like orange and pineapple!

foxytina_69
Jul 12th, 2004, 06:48 AM
heres sum recipes for juice and such. the combinations might give u sum ideas as to what to juice :)

http://vegweb.com/food/drink/

eve
Jul 12th, 2004, 06:51 AM
I use my juicer every day. Generally I put 2 sticks of celery, a few carrots, and perhaps a beetroot into the juicer and let it rip. Then I add a spoon of flaxseed oil. A delicious drink. Sometimes instead of celery, a large green apple. Often I add a sprig of parsley or coriander. But you'll soon find a few little variations. Congrats on your new juicer, you'll get a lot from it. :)

gertvegan
Jul 12th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Reading on www.thejuicemaster.com/tips.php?source=fifteen
In order to make sure that your veggie juice tastes wonderful every time just make sure ½ to ¾ of your juice is made up of either apple, carrot or tomato juice, or a combination of these. So I went out and bought several cabages, peppers, melons, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, grapefruit, carrots, apples, oranges, tomatoes. I'm looking forward to getting juiced up, but will use the juicer as well as normal diet, not in replacement, and will ease my body in, I guess it won't like it if I suddenly start taking in more fruit and veg just like that.

foxytina_69
Jul 12th, 2004, 08:13 AM
i love juice detoxes/cleanses. juicers are so great for them!

eve
Jul 13th, 2004, 10:13 AM
I can't see myself juicing fruits like melons, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, grapefruit, as they are surely better eaten as they are. But just the thought of chomping through carrots, celery, and beetroot makes my jaws ache! Lovely juiced though.

gertvegan
Jul 13th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Just trying out the new juicer, I had a three melon juice which was really refreshing, and yesterday I had a strawberry and blueberry juice. The strawberry gives the reddish red juice you'll ever see. I know what you mean about eating the fruits though eve. Tonight might be a cabbage and carrot or apple.

DontJustDoSomething, SitThere
Jul 14th, 2004, 08:18 PM
I can't see myself juicing fruits like melons, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, grapefruit, as they are surely better eaten as they are. Try strawberry/orange with some apple......!!!!

gertvegan
Jul 15th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Made the mistake last night, of juicing peaches and grapefruit together. Sharp, almost cut myself. I'll maybe stick to the juice book receipes more than trial and error.

gertvegan
Aug 3rd, 2004, 11:53 AM
Yesterday I had a beetroot, carrott, and celery juice. A good source of folate, sodium, dietary fiber, manganese, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin K, biotin, vitamin C, vitamin B6 , vitamin B1 , amongst others.

Gorilla
Aug 3rd, 2004, 12:54 PM
i made a great juice the other day which is apparently a 'Blue Ribbon' smoothie - bananas, blueberries, lemon or lime juice and a little bit of soya milk. i'm also looking forward to making 'Energy in a glass' - carrots, apples and ginger. :)

cedarblue
Aug 3rd, 2004, 04:07 PM
have had a juice book for years called 'juicing for health' by caroline wheater.

here are a couple at random:

smoothie;
1 lg orange
1 mashed banana
8 raspberries
1 tsp wheatgerm

peak papaya
1/2 papaya
2 small pears

cucumber combo
1/4 lg cue
4 brocolli florets
2 tomatoes

golden carrot
1 sm orange
1 sm apple
2 lg carrots
1/2 lime
1/2 inch root ginger

king kiwi
2 sm pears
1 kiwi
1/2 mango
sprig of mint chopped add at the end

the book also has a section at the end on how to use the pulp generated

yum yum :p

Gorilla
Aug 4th, 2004, 01:36 PM
saw this article on the website of my local paper, and thought it might be interesting:

www.thisisbrightonandhove.co.uk/brighton__hove/health/FOOD_FOR_THOUGHT25.html

Mystic
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:45 AM
I also like beetroot, carrot and celery. I had one this morning as well as a wheatgrass shot. In Hawaii I had a 'salad' juice, which had everything in it like cucumber, carrot, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spinach, watercress amongst other stuff. I have really gotten into the juice thing since Hawaii. So refreshing and healthy!!!!

gertvegan
Aug 5th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Yesterday was a lettuce and apple juice day. The lettuce makes not a great deal of juice, but it is the darkest green.

cedarblue
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:16 PM
i also read that children and beginners to juicing should dilute their juices a bit as suddenly taking in lots of unadulterated goodnes can be a shock to the system.

gertvegan
Aug 5th, 2004, 04:05 PM
cedarblue, i've been juicing for a few weeks now, sometimes its a pint in the evening, sometimes two. If its two it would've been diluted with soya or pea milk. How would I know if i've been over doing it ? I have felt a wee bit tired the last few days, but that could be the very close weather and that I did little exercise last week.

cedarblue
Aug 5th, 2004, 09:17 PM
will check in wee book and get back....

Mystic
Aug 8th, 2004, 01:50 AM
Yesterday I bought me a juicer (and LOTS of fruit and vegetables!!!). This morning I concocted pink grapefruit, strawberry, apple, a sprig of parsley and a celery stalk....mmmmmmmmmmmm was delish.

Mystic
Aug 8th, 2004, 02:31 AM
I was just wondering, to all of you people who use a juicer, what do you do with your juice pulp? It seems a waste to chuck out all that nutrition, so I thought about mixing it into my doggy's dinner? Is this okay to do? If not, any other suggestions are welcome

eve
Aug 8th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Sometimes, if making a soup or even just cooking veges, I plonk it in, and with some herbs, it tastes fine. I'm sure your doggy doesn't object either.

ConsciousCuisine
Aug 8th, 2004, 05:17 AM
You can take the pulp and create raw and dehydrated candies, loaves, breads and crackers! You can also add it to other foods that need "bulking up" and create veggie sauces, soups, gravies, and use it when cooking rice or other grains (throw it in the water). It can be used in baked loaves and breads as well!

cast_the_flames
Aug 8th, 2004, 05:31 AM
compost?

gertvegan
Aug 8th, 2004, 04:18 PM
What juicer did you get banana ?