PDA

View Full Version : Vegan cake and chocolate appreciation group

VeganLiz
Jul 31st, 2008, 12:03 AM
I am thinking about setting up the above group with monthly meetings in Brighton and possibly one trip elsewhere during the year. The aim is to get together to eat cake and choclate and chat! It can be at a cafe, bring food to the beach/park or even somones house!

Would people join? If so what days/times would people want to meet? :D

Liz X

Enchantress
Jul 31st, 2008, 04:56 AM
Hmm, eating cake and chocolate in Brighton is pretty close to my idea of my heaven. The only problem is I'm a bit skint at the the moment so I'm not sure how regularly I could afford to come to meetings. I'm not working at the moment (hence the skintness) so I'd be available pretty much any time.

alisont
Jul 31st, 2008, 08:08 AM
Thats a fab idea but way too far for me from the Midlands!

Vegan chat and cake - Id be very happy with that:D

Hope it goes well:)

Gorilla
Jul 31st, 2008, 09:55 AM
sounds good! :)

VeganLiz
Aug 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM
Its okay enchantress - we may have some meetings that invole picnics so we can all bring some cake etc so you have just got to pay to get to Brighton....

Liz x

VeganLiz
Aug 1st, 2008, 12:57 PM
I am going to advertise the group on vegan village and in infinity foods etc. What do you guys think about a first meeting in Brighton Pavilion gardens on Sunday 14th August at 3pm? Then we can all bring cake and/or choclate. I will bring a rug for us to sit on.....

Liz X

Gorilla
Aug 1st, 2008, 10:35 PM
the 14th August is a Thursday. do you mean the 17th? i think a lot of people already said in the Brighton meet-up thread that they can't make it that day. i might still be free then.

VeganLiz
Aug 1st, 2008, 11:33 PM
Sorry - yeah meant the 17th! I have a few people outside vegan forum who are in Brighton and interested. I have also put an advert in for vegan village so will see what response we get for that.

Liz x

Enchantress
Aug 2nd, 2008, 04:23 AM
I'm afraid I'm busy on the 17th. Maybe I'll be able to make it to a later meeting.

VeganLiz
Aug 7th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Good news! I have had a few responses from my advert on vegan village and several people have joined the facebook group I have created for this. So we should have a good crowd on the 17th. If it rains we shall meet up at 3pm as planned and go to a cafe. Fingers crossed for lovely weather!

Liz x

leopd
Aug 8th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Good news! I have had a few responses from my advert on vegan village and several people have joined the facebook group I have created for this. So we should have a good crowd on the 17th. If it rains we shall meet up at 3pm as planned and go to a cafe. Fingers crossed for lovely weather!

Liz x

I did- hello again Liz!

Gorilla
Aug 10th, 2008, 09:29 PM
sorry, i won't be able to make this as it's my friend's birthday. hope you have a good time and i might join you at a future date.

Marrers
Aug 12th, 2008, 11:32 AM
This sounds a lovely and interesting idea Liz and I'd like to come another time but I can't make it on 17th.

How will it work exactly? Is the idea to bake vegan cakes to share at a picnic or someone's house? But if it rains on a picnic day surely you'll not be allowed to eat your own cakes in a cafe?

(Is there another way to be kept informed of future events planned other than Facebook? I'm not on Facebook and don't want to join either.)

VeganLiz
Aug 18th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Hi Marrers and Gorilla

The first event went really well. About 16 people came of all different ages and although the weather was dull everyone was very enthusiastic and friendly. Some people made cakes and others brought cakes and/or chocolate. The plan is to meet up and have picnics when the weather is good have a picnic or else meet at someones house in a cafe.

The nest meeting is Sunday 21st September at 1.30pm in Queens park (off Queens Road) in Brighton. We will meet by the clock tower and if the weather is bad we will go to my house instead (which is 5 mins walk away).

I will keep people updated on here to so you don't have to be on facebook Marrers!

Hope you can make the next one!

Liz x

Gorilla
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:05 PM
thanks for letting us know, Liz; glad you all had a good time. :)