PDA

View Full Version : Pound cake

Tigerlily
Aug 1st, 2008, 02:56 AM
Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for pound cake?

I haven't had pound cake in years! My birthday is next week and I want to bake myself a cake. :D

I found some recipes online but they often cannot be trusted. And some of them sound weird....no sources of fat or they use maple syrup or gluten-free flours. I just want a normal, super unhealthy and fattening pound cake. Nothing fancy.

tipsy
Aug 1st, 2008, 04:00 AM
ive tried a couple of recipes... but this one always turns out best! i guess the maple syrup could probably be subbed out. try and additional 1/3 of a cup of sugar and probably an additional bit of liquid... soymilk or water like maybe two or three tablespoons...

2 cups flour
1 teasp. baking pwdr.
1/2 teasp. baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup vegan margarine sub, softened
3/4 cup soy or other non dairy milk

4 tablespoons ener-g egg replacer
1/2 cup water

2 tbsp. vanilla extract

combine dry ingredients & mix
beat in the rest of the things in the first part of the recipe
in a separate cup mix up the ener-g & water till dissolved

add the vanilla to the ener-g mixture and then add to the rest of the ingredients, mixing as you pour it in, to combine it well

bake for 1 hour (use toothpick trick) @ 350 F

i usually make a fresh strawberry sauce for the top... or any other fruit would work well... mmm blueberries... raspberries... yum.

i know what im doing this weekend... :o

matt35mm
Aug 1st, 2008, 05:32 AM
i know what im doing this weekend... :o

Mailing me a pound cake? How sweet of you!

Tigerlily
Aug 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
Thank you tipsy!

Poison Ivy
Aug 1st, 2008, 03:56 PM
Tigerlily, do you have Veganomicon? If so, there's a recipe in there for pound cake which is fantastic:)

pavotrouge
Aug 1st, 2008, 09:48 PM
so I heard, though I haven't made it myself yet. I can PM you the recipe if you like, tigerlily.