PDA

View Full Version : Brownie recipe? No nuts!

AliBlack
Aug 1st, 2008, 06:05 PM
I've tried a couple of recipes but although they make a yummy cake they're not squidgy like brownies. Anyone got a tried and tested recipe with no nuts please?:D

Jasmine_tea
Aug 1st, 2008, 09:38 PM
Hello!
Have you tried this one from fatfreevegan.com???? It's my absolute FAVORITE and the walnuts are OPTIONAL!

Fatfree and Fabulous Fudgy Brownies
1/2 tbsp. ground flax seed
1-1/2 tbsp. hot water
3/4 cup lite silken tofu (firm), crumbled
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup unbleached white flour or cake flour
1 cup unbleached cane sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional--depending on how nutty you like your brownies)

Mix the ground flax seeds with 1- 1/2 tablespoons of hot water and set aside. (Mixture will thicken slightly.)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mist an 8-inch x 8-inch x 2-inch glass baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set it aside.

Blend the tofu, water, maple syrup, cocoa powder, flax mixture, and vanilla extract until completely smooth. (I use a hand-blender, but you can do this in a regular blender.)

Place the remaining ingredients, except the walnuts, in a medium mixing bowl and stir them together until they are well combined. Pour the blended mixture into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl, and stir them until they are well combined. Fold in the walnuts, if using.

Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Completely cool the brownies in the pan. Cut and serve.
****above recipe taken from fatfreevegan.com****

She says they taste even better the second day and I completely agree so hide them away until at least 24 hours later :)
ENJOY!!!!!!

AliBlack
Aug 2nd, 2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks hun, I will give it a try!
Anyone else have any brownie recipes?:)