PDA

View Full Version : Insane sweet tooth!

Kendi
Aug 7th, 2008, 05:03 AM
I am not overweight by any means, but I have put on a few extra pounds that I don't want and I can't seem to get rid of this intense craving for sweets! Vegan cookies, vegan ice cream... I work in a health food store that sells a lot of unhealthy vegan foods and I'm driving myself mad! I just want to get on the ball and lose this extra ten pounds. :undecided: And I have no one to complain to because I am already small and no one wants to hear it, i'm sure :). I am just uncomfortable not fitting into my jeans the way I use to. So I am venting to you folks! :D And I am going to try really really hard from now on to eat healthy and realize cookies are not part of a food group. Hopefully I can shed this ten pounds in no time!

Hemlock
Aug 7th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I don't like sweet foods but a month ago I started getting intense cravings for sweet things and scoffed loads of cake and vegan sweets and chocolates putting on nearly 14 lbs :o
I went for a blood test and found out I was severely anaemic. Since I've been on iron and mutivits and sorted out my stomach ulcer all the cravings have gone and my weight is going down.
Might be worth going for a blood test, if you are mildly anaemic you may not have any symptoms.

herbwormwood
Aug 7th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Also if you are not getting enough calories you may crave sweet things.
Is your jeans size realistic for your height, age, and body shape?

veggiemaya
Aug 7th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Kendi.. I totally understand!
I am in the same boat as you..in fact, I just mentioned to a friend this morning about trying to get about 5-8 pounds off that I am not comfy with..but like you, I am really not overweight so people just dismiss it and think I am nuts.
I have also been dealing with an issue for years that I am now learning is being considered an eating disorder; night eating syndrome. I wake up anywhere from 2-5 times in a night and my first urge is to have sweets. I have tried for so long to figure out what it can be from, and to get it under control..but I really struggle with it. In the meantime, it tends to stop me from losing weight..not to mention I am not getting enough sleep!

Sounds like it may be worth it for both of us to consider what Hemlock suggested with the blood test. I have always had a tendency to be slightly on the anemic side. And it seems quite possible that we could be lacking in something that makes our bodies crave sweets..especially being that yours came on so suddenly. If I go, I will let you know how it turns out!

Good luck!!

Kendi
Aug 8th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Also if you are not getting enough calories you may crave sweet things.
Is your jeans size realistic for your height, age, and body shape?

My jean size can go anywhere from a 3 to a 5 depending on what brand I am wearing, I am 19 and I am 5'3... I think this is pretty average isn't it?

Hemlock thank you so much for that advice!!! I am definately going to go get a blood test now. It would be wonderful if this was actually caused by something because I was starting to think I was just a little piggy :bigsmile:.

And good luck to you too veggiemaya! It's good to know there are other skinny folk who would like to drop a few pounds :tongue_ani: