PDA

View Full Version : Rhubarb crumble

cornishdreadhead
Aug 12th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Just found this recipe for rhubard crumble on the internet and gave it a go, it's delicious!!! :o

This recipe would serve about 4 or 5 people I'd say.
Stuff you need:
-675g rhubarb, chopped and washed.
-50g soft brown sugar
-125g soft brown sugar
-125g plain flour
-125g vegan spread, chilled
-75g rolled oats (this means porridge oats, in case u didn't know. Which I didn't, and I felt like a bit of a dick in the healthfood shop when the woman told me.)
- 1tsp ground cinnamon.

What you do:
-Place the rhubarb and 125g brown sugar in a big saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water. Cook over a medium heat until the rhubarb begins to soften.
- Rub the margarine and flour together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. (Mine was just a big pure-y flour-y ball so I used an electric whisk.)
- Gently stir i the oats, the 50g soft brown sugar, and the cinnamon. (Again I used a whisk for this bit.)
- Place the rhubarb in an ovenproof dish and top with the crumble mixture. Bake at 190 degrees c for 25 mins.
:thumbsup:

BlackCats
Aug 12th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I will be making this, with custard of course.:) I had such a craving for rhubarb crumble about 2 days ago. Does it have to be brown sugar I wonder?

(I assume this means for four or five people or one very greedy person.:satisfied:)

scarlett
Aug 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM
(I assume this means for four or five people or one very greedy person.:satisfied:)

haha, was thinking just the same thing (ie me) :D
Whenever I make rice pudding I have to like triple the quantity (and it says for 3-4 people) as I'd eat that portion myself no problem :o

Love, love, love rhubarb crumble !