PDA

View Full Version : Notting Hill Carnival 2008

cookey
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Is anyone going? I was thinking of going to see the parade with my older girl on one of the days- I'be never been before.

Risker
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:36 AM
I've been planning to go for years but since it's the day after Reading Festival ends I've always ended up flaking out and never made it.

This year I'm not going to Reading so I could go but earlier this year I saw a news report that made out there was a huge amount of crime (in particular knife crime) at the carnival and it really put me off.

I'll have to wait and see how wealthy and brave I'm feeling.

cookey
Aug 19th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Well it looks like I will be going on the Sunday which is more of a family day - with my sister and elder daughter. I'm happy to meet up with anyone but we won't be doing any drinking or late night partying.
No idea what sort of food is on offer so will probably take something with.

Thanks for the info on crime Risker - my general feeling about these sort of reports is that they are over exagerated but I will do a bit of research.

BlackCats
Aug 19th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I would have thought the reporting on crime is over exaggerated but then I have never been to Notting Hill Carnival so I can't really say. A couple members of my family are with the police in London and they told me that there are lots of pickpockets at the carnival so take precautions in that respect if you do go.