PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Vegan communicator guide in Birmingham Area.

dreama
Aug 23rd, 2008, 10:44 AM
I am on the look out for a communicator guide. I would really prefere my communicator guide to be vegan as part of the reason for needing one is with shopping and I want someone who is Vegan so I don't have to worry about things like them buying me things with animal ingredients or take me into CancerResearch UK for clothes. There are several vegans in the birmingham area. I was wondering if any could help with this. My communicator guide will get paid. I'm just hoping to find one that is also vegan.

dreama
Aug 28th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Why is nobody answering?

harpy
Aug 28th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Might it be worth contacting the Vegan Society to see if they know of anyone, Dreama?

emmapresley
Aug 28th, 2008, 09:22 PM
aye..would imagine merely posting on Vf would bring limited options.
good luck though :)

Maisiepaisie
Aug 28th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Dreama I would help you if I wasn't so far from Birmingham. I hope you find someone soon.

alisont
Aug 28th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Yes hope you find someone soon who is local Dreama - Im too far away and would not be able to fit anything in with my work Im afraid.

I would agree with Harpy about contacting the vegan society, they might know of someone?

treaclemine
Aug 29th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I am on the look out for a communicator guide. ... There are several vegans in the birmingham area. I was wondering if any could help with this. My communicator guide will get paid.

I'm not entirely sure what a 'communicator guide' means?

Have you tried asking BVV (Birmingham Vegetarians and Vegans)?

harpy
Aug 29th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Treaclemine, there's an explanation here:

http://www.sense.org.uk/about_us/our_services/communicator_guide_schemes.htm

dreama
Aug 29th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks for your responses. I've already contacted BVV. I will also contact the vegan society and see what they have to say.

A communicator guide is someone who helps interprete things for deafblind people. I've been deafblind for 18 years now but I've been having to manage without a communicator guide for several years. As someone with Limited vision I've managed but there are things I can no longer do such as clothes shopping and checking labels to check that things are vegan that I did in the past but can't do now. I've got a very powerful CCTV at my dad's place. In the past I could read labels if I put it on maximum strengh but can't do that any more.

AliBlack
Aug 29th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I hope you find someone dreama, I would help if I lived nearer, I'm in Devon.