PDA

View Full Version : Weird faux rib food question...

Sarah_
Aug 31st, 2008, 10:33 AM
So I love to get the Gardenburger bbq rib things, and I was just looking at this website that had teryaki ribs and I was thinking, would it be okay for me to rinse off the bbq sauce from the ribs and then add my own sauce, or would that turn out disastrous?

matt35mm
Aug 31st, 2008, 10:41 AM
1. Those are good.

2. I kind of have the feeling that you can find other fake meats that already have teriyaki flavor, or find fake meats that don't have a very strong flavor, and then add teriyaki to that. It's just that the BBQ Ribs have such a bold flavor that you'll never quite get the BBQ taste off. Maybe the mix of BBQ sauce and teriyaki sauce is fine, though. I don't think it'd be "disastrous." But it might be soggy if you actually try to wash the BBQ sauce off under the sink.

3. It's past 2:30am in California as you and I post this. What are we doing up so late?

Sarah_
Aug 31st, 2008, 10:44 AM
1. I quite agree, I could have them all day and night and then some.
2. I suppose you're right. I haven't really looked for any, I suppose I could try again.
3. I can't sleep unless the BF is in the bed with me, and he's up playing video games. What are YOU up to????? ;)

matt35mm
Aug 31st, 2008, 10:49 AM
1. Uh huh.

2. Sure.

3. We're awake for VERY different reasons. I'm just stupid.

Sarah_
Aug 31st, 2008, 11:45 AM
Eh, it's not stupid until it's like 7 AM. You've got a good 3 + hours. :)

Gorilla
Sep 5th, 2008, 05:31 PM
i don't know of the specific product you mention, but it sounds a bit wasteful to wash the sauce off. why not try using a fake meat with little or no flavouring and adding your own to that?

seitan
Sep 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM
gardenburger stuff is good, tho, if i wnated rib type stuff and i lived in so cal, id be sat in native foods :)

Sarah_
Sep 5th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Gorilla, it's only that a lot of people have found some really lovely and itneresting fake meats like mock duck and whatnot, and I haven't found any such things. Just the usual burgers and hotdogs and whatnot. I haven't exactly looked my hardest ( ;) ) but that's why I figured.

And Seitan, I won't be back to Socal until December, so no Native Foods. Besides, I go there waaay too often anyway. ;)

seitan
Sep 5th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Gorilla, it's only that a lot of people have found some really lovely and itneresting fake meats like mock duck and whatnot, and I haven't found any such things. Just the usual burgers and hotdogs and whatnot. I haven't exactly looked my hardest ( ;) ) but that's why I figured.

And Seitan, I won't be back to Socal until December, so no Native Foods. Besides, I go there waaay too often anyway. ;)

yuo shoulod look in your local chinese shop, they may well seell the fake meats.

there is an american site like this one below, but i cant find the addy.
check out these fake meats!!!

http://www.veggie-world.com/index2.asp