PDA

View Full Version : Tofu passion recipie needed

Cattmogg
Sep 1st, 2008, 05:22 PM
Help me!! I need a recipie for this delicious gooey prune and tofu dessert thing i can get in my local health food shop. Its by Lauras kitchen or something similar and it cost 2.75! I have a serious habit. It only lists tofu, prunes, pecan nuts and agave syrup in the ingredients list so how hard can it be. Someone, im begging you, put me out of my misery. I really need this. :sad:

pat sommer
Sep 18th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Description please? Are there nuts sprinkled on top or is it all very smooth?

I would wizz up some softish prunes (ready-to-eat or soak hard ones) with the agave syrup, 2 parts to 1 then wizz in a dollop of pecan nutbutter to thicken it up and get it as richly flavoured as you like then fold in the tofu (well pureed) to get the final consistency. My guess would be soft tofu but a firmer variety might be the ticket.

I love reproducing store-bought or restaurant food. Good luck; tell us if you come up with something yummy.

Elahiya
Nov 15th, 2008, 12:33 AM
it has whole prunes, dried ones like it seems, and whole pecans in it. the tofu is pretty soft, not yet cream like. the tofu is topped on the prunes and the pecans are somewhere between/on top... i think itīs made with silken tofu which is sweetend with agave syrup. the prunes might get goooey due to the humidity of the tofu thing, i guess...