PDA

View Full Version : Vegan birthday cake maker in London!!!

hiddenfromview
Sep 6th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Hey guys, was browsing around online, and came across this website:
http://www.egglesscakes.com/home/
Whilst eggless cakes are standardly available in areas with a large Indian community, this specific company has developed a dairy free sponge! Woohoo!! Looks like I'll be having a birthday cake next year!! :D

Marrers
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Do they do vegan cakes though? They mention butter and cream . . .

hiddenfromview
Sep 7th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Well on the 'about us' page it says:

About Us

The company has been established for the past 10 years, managed by Mr. Satish Vekeria & Mr. Nathalal Kerai.
We have a new purpose built unit in Perivale, inspected and passed by the local government environmental inspector.
We specialize in Eggless Sponge & Fruit Cake for Birthdays, Weddings & Anniversaries amongst other Celebration cakes. From fresh cream, butter cream & sugar paste the designs can be viewed on this site. Recently our new developments include : dairy free sponge and sponge made from artificial sugar.
We already have outlets where our products can be purchased :

Kingsbury Fruit & Vegetable - Kingsbury
Chandni Cateres - West Hendon
Pick & Save Cash & Carry - Kenton.

Mr Flibble
Sep 7th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I think what Marrers means is that egg free + dairy free + vegetarian doesn't equal vegan.

hiddenfromview
Sep 7th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Point taken...
I would imagine however that the only issues would be the colourings on the icing, and the margarine, which could have vitamin d from lanolin etc..

Lisey_duck
Sep 7th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I'm told that Rebecca's (http://www.rebeccas-cakes.co.uk/) is the place to call if you want vegan cake in London.

alisont
Feb 16th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Id so love to order a vegan cake for my birthday next week and collect it in London when Im there Fri/Sat but dont think the transporting a cake would be easy and it might not keep til the Weds when needed.

Dont think Id work it out, did have mad idea of asking In Spiral to make me a cake but it would prob not travel well:confused:

Rebeccas cakes sound great but not in central London

Digital Ghost
Feb 16th, 2009, 07:38 PM
You could get them to make one that is un-iced and then put the icing on it when you get home - that might travel better.

Else maybe you could get one delivered to you for the day you need it.

Digital Ghost
Feb 16th, 2009, 07:38 PM

cookey
Feb 17th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Id so love to order a vegan cake for my birthday next week and collect it in London when Im there Fri/Sat but dont think the transporting a cake would be easy and it might not keep til the Weds when needed.

Dont think Id work it out, did have mad idea of asking In Spiral to make me a cake but it would prob not travel well:confused:

Rebeccas cakes sound great but not in central London

I would make you a cake if I could get it to you Ali! Don't you have anywahere in the Midlands that does them?

alisont
Feb 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM
You could get them to make one that is un-iced and then put the icing on it when you get home - that might travel better.

Else maybe you could get one delivered to you for the day you need it.

Good idea:)

I would make you a cake if I could get it to you Ali! Don't you have anywahere in the Midlands that does them?

Aww thank you Cookey:smile: there is blue lotus & baby cakes who do mail order but soooo expensive, got a friend who makes fab cakes but not sure if Il see her before my birthday.......

Can make them myself I guess!

Marrers
Feb 17th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Can make them myself I guess!
:eek: It's practically the law that you can't make your own birthday cake. (I really don't like to bake but had to make a cake for my friend when I realised no-one else would and she was going to do it herself.)

Poison Ivy
Feb 17th, 2009, 06:09 PM
:eek: It's practically the law that you can't make your own birthday cake. (I really don't like to bake but had to make a cake for my friend when I realised no-one else would and she was going to do it herself.)

I ALWAYS have to make my own birthday cake!:(, always have had to as no-one else in the family really bakes.

Marrers
Feb 17th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Well if there are others like you we should start up a birthday cake exchange to ensure this outrage is a thing of the past! ;)