Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

green woman
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Would you vote Obama or McCain?

http://www.iftheworldcouldvote.com/

Barack Obama has my vote.

harpy
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Mine too. Too bad the rest of the world doesn't get to decide.

BlackCats
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Obama definitely!

bryzee86
Sep 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Just to keep that mentalist Palin out, Obama gets my vote.

And the fact he's not a nutter.

Est
Sep 25th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Obama :)

vava
Sep 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM
who's mccain then?:rolleyes:

imblissful
Sep 25th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I didn't realize that such a small percentage of American people voted. Wow, I am appalled :confused:. I will be voting in November, and if I had to vote tomorrow, I think I would vote McCain. But, I really don't like either candidate :undecided:. Usually when I don't like either one I vote for one of the underdogs.
Thankfully I have a few weeks to do some research. :dizzy:

Korn
Sep 25th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Usually when I don't like either one I vote for one of the underdogs. Another option, if you want to be a 'World Ambassador', would of course be to vote for the candidate that most people outside US would have chosen, since political decisions made in the US of A often influence conditions outside the US voters' territory...

Ruby Rose
Sep 25th, 2008, 02:44 PM
But we in The Rest of the World have absolutely no idea how the candidates appear to the American population. I mean, for us, George Bush has always come across as a virtual cretin - it seemed overwhelmingly unbelievable that he could win an election TWICE - and yet I understand that to the American electorate he came across as a "good ol' boy" with a down-to-earth common sense who would protect America's interests, right or wrong.

gogs67
Sep 25th, 2008, 02:52 PM
But we in The Rest of the World have absolutely no idea how the candidates appear to the American population. I mean, for us, George Bush has always come across as a virtual cretin - it seemed overwhelmingly unbelievable that he could win an election TWICE - and yet I understand that to the American electorate he came across as a "good ol' boy" with a down-to-earth common sense who would protect America's interests, right or wrong.
No, every American friend i've got thought he was an absolute cretin as well and couldnae believe he won the 2nd time, lol!

Korn
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I mean, for us, George Bush has always come across as a virtual cretin - it seemed overwhelmingly unbelievable that he could win an election TWICE - and yet I understand that to the American electorate he came across as a "good ol' boy" with a down-to-earth common sense who would protect America's interests, right or wrong.

I saw a documentary showing that the main people in the company who developed the digital voting system were Republican campaigners earlier - and that the system allowed them no enter a booth during the actual election and reset/change the vote counts. The indications (that there was corruption involved in the digital voting process) were so convincing that I didn't trust them.

BJJNick
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:17 PM

It differs. Republicans and Democrats think in opposite ways. And I'll NEVER understand the republican way of thinking. It's too selfish.

Oh, and about Bush being elected. The election was fixed...

Gore won the popular vote and still lost... Which shows how screwed up the system is. And after Gore was basically declared the winner, they recounted Florida and bickity bam, Bush won....weird...Considering Bush's brother was the governor of Florida, or something like that.

Roxy
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:22 PM
My vote would go to Obama :)

vava
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I saw a documentary showing that the main people in the company who developed the digital voting system were Republican campaigners earlier - and that the system allowed them no enter a booth during the actual election and reset/change the vote counts. The indications (that there was corruption involved in the digital voting process) were so convincing that I didn't trust them.

whereas I just thought they were rigged:o

Anastazee
Sep 25th, 2008, 05:52 PM
[quote=Ruby Rose;508301]it seemed overwhelmingly unbelievable that he could win an election TWICE - quote]

dont even get me started.

Obama

Rakey
Sep 25th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I voted Obama, I really hope he wins

missbettie
Sep 25th, 2008, 06:30 PM
obama.

but i have an awful feeling it will be McCain.

gogs67
Sep 25th, 2008, 08:23 PM
obama.

but i have an awful feeling it will be McCain.
I thought so too but after watching Obamas speech a few weeks ago i actaully changed my mind and am pretty sure he will now become Americas first black president. He was coherant, confident and gave hope to the people. He will be good for the USA.
Watching as an outsider though his foreign policy leaves a lot to be desired and that is how WE will judge him. For a start his views on the escalating conflict in Pakistan don't fill me with hope that America won't continue to alienate large sections of the world and turn them against the West.

missbettie
Sep 25th, 2008, 08:28 PM
^ I guess we will see...perhaps its just the area i am in...there are lots of republicans around here...

gogs67
Sep 25th, 2008, 08:46 PM
^ I guess we will see...perhaps its just the area i am in...there are lots of republicans around here...
That would sure cloud your view, lol!
One thing that seems slightly overlooked in the media though is that a few republican votes are not gonna go to McCain because he is, at 72 and with his health record, statistically, more likely to die or suffer some catastrophic illness during his first term than any other man that has sought the office.
And no one bar the far right, seems to trust Palin to take over so the more 'liberal' republicans will be abstaining!

missbettie
Sep 25th, 2008, 08:49 PM
i've actually had quite a few people say that they only reason they are voting for McCain is BECAUSE of Palin. I don't understand why though, she is absolutly terrifying.

gogs67
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:03 PM
i've actually had quite a few people say that they only reason they are voting for McCain is BECAUSE of Palin. I don't understand why though, she is absolutly terrifying.
I'm sure she does appeal to some, i hope these people arn't friends of yours though?:D

missbettie
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:12 PM
they are thats the scary thing!

gogs67
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:34 PM
they are thats the scary thing!
Ach well, am sure they've got plenty of good qualities, lol!

Thing is about Palin, it'll be well before your time, but she reminds me of 'Diana' from 'V', the alien queen who ate rats in an '80's sci fi series.:D

RachelJune
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Obama.