PDA

View Full Version : Multiple quotes in posts

fiamma
Oct 9th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Is there an easy way to put quotes from different posts in a new post?

Or... how do I do it full stop?

Come on Korn, you're the multiple quote man... spill the beans!!! :D

(Thanks!)

veganwitch
Oct 9th, 2008, 10:56 PM
This would be good to know. I've tried a few times but haven't been able to figure it out.

scarlett
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Is there an easy way to put quotes from different posts in a new post?

Or... how do I do it full stop?

Come on Korn, you're the multiple quote man... spill the beans!!! :D

(Thanks!)

This would be good to know. I've tried a few times but haven't been able to figure it out.

The way I do it is to use the MQ button (next to the quote one) for the first few posts I want to use from different threads, and then the quote button for the last quote I want to use. If you're using posts from different threads it will state under the text box that "you have selected posts that are not part of this thread - do you wish to quote these posts as well" (or something like that) - and you just click on that and it will show them all.
Hope that makes some sort of sense - I haven't explained it very well :o I'm sure someone else will explain it much more clearly :D

scarlett
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:14 PM
^ Reading that back, my goodness that sounds like gibberish ! Waits for someone that can speak English to come along :D

veganwitch
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:16 PM
The way I do it is to use the MQ button (next to the quote one) for the first few posts I want to use from different threads, and then the quote button for the last quote I want to use. If you're using posts from different threads it will state under the text box that "you have selected posts that are not part of this thread - do you wish to quote these posts as well" (or something like that) - and you just click on that and it will show them all.
Hope that makes some sort of sense - I haven't explained it very well :o I'm sure someone else will explain it much more clearly :D

LOL...Scarlett I read this and was thinking you have to talk slower. My problem is I am pretty much computer illiterate. I'm not saying that's Fiamma's problem. She seems much more saavy.

But thanks, I will read through your directions very slowly and give it a go.

scarlett
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Taken from the FAQ: (makes much more sense)

If you want to post replies to multiple posts you can select them by clicking the multi quote button http://www.veganforum.com/forums/images/kelisa/buttons/multiquote_off.gif. This button will change to indicate that you've selected it. Clicking post reply will then bring you to the full editor with all the posts quoted.

(you can take them from multiple threads too)

veganwitch
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:37 PM
^ really Scarlett, it's me not you :)

fiamma
Oct 10th, 2008, 12:14 AM
^ Reading that back, my goodness that sounds like gibberish ! Waits for someone that can speak English to come along :D

LOL...Scarlett I read this and was thinking you have to talk slower. My problem is I am pretty much computer illiterate. I'm not saying that's Fiamma's problem. She seems much more saavy.

But thanks, I will read through your directions very slowly and give it a go.

Taken from the FAQ: (makes much more sense)

If you want to post replies to multiple posts you can select them by clicking the multi quote button http://www.veganforum.com/forums/images/kelisa/buttons/multiquote_off.gif. This button will change to indicate that you've selected it. Clicking post reply will then bring you to the full editor with all the posts quoted.

(you can take them from multiple threads too)

^ really Scarlett, it's me not you :)

To quote the Scissor Sisters... Ta Dah!!!!! Thank you scarlett, I understand now!!! :)*does little victory dance*

veganwitch
Oct 10th, 2008, 02:07 AM
see? Fiamma is definitely more saavy than me!

cobweb
Oct 10th, 2008, 08:17 AM
doh.............
(i still don't get it!)

Korn
Oct 10th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Scarlett is right...

1) Press the MultiQuote button for each post you want to quote
2) When you have pressed the MultiQuote button for all the posts you want to respond to, click Post Reply.

Now, all the posts you have selected (by clicking their MultiQuote buttons) will automatically appear at the beginning of your reply...

Korn
Oct 10th, 2008, 08:31 AM
PS - the MultiQuote button may have different look than the one Scarlett showed, depending on which 'Skin'/'Style' you have chosen...

Here's another MultiQuote button (they always appear at the lower, right part of the post ):

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif

cobweb
Oct 10th, 2008, 10:24 AM
when i do it nothing happens............

fiamma
Oct 10th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I know what you mean cobweb, I thought the same.

Find the post you want to quote from and click on MQ (the button is inside the post itself). It will appear darker, but nothing else will happen.

Do the same for the other posts you want to quote from.

Now click on "post reply" (outside the posts, underneath), and you'll get the message window containing all the posts you wanted to include...

Is that a bit clearer?

cobweb
Oct 10th, 2008, 12:59 PM
PS - the MultiQuote button may have different look than the one Scarlett showed, depending on which 'Skin'/'Style' you have chosen...

Here's another MultiQuote button (they always appear at the lower, right part of the post ):

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif

when i do it nothing happens............

jinkies, i have it! :D
you know where i was going wrong - using the 'post quick reply' button (which i normally use) after pressing on the MQ one :rollseyes_ani:.