PDA

View Full Version : 100+ reasons to go vegan

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

sugarmouse
Aug 24th, 2005, 07:48 PM
we cant catch it either!!with great difficulty :)

andesuma
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:38 PM
61. because those animals are innocent lives(more so than any human!)

62. because you feel more connected with the earth and with others when you are an herbivore.

63. because you are not ignorant to the hidden things surrounding you.

Maggie71286
Sep 1st, 2005, 04:04 PM
You get to eat cool foods that you never would try if you weren't vegan!

Green Bandit
Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:55 AM
Praising Seitan never tasted sooo good!

greenworlds
Sep 5th, 2005, 01:50 PM
66. Because you truely step into the civilied world.

Jo1234
Sep 16th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Because you know it is right

toma_Paella!!!
Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:32 PM
68)

"you are what you eat"

sincerely, I wouldn't like the idea of being made out of carrion.
Following a plant-based diet, and thus, knowing that my body structures aren't made of dead animals makes me feel really good... I may be a weirdo, but... :rolleyes:

crazy_4_veg
Sep 23rd, 2005, 04:56 PM
60. because humans arent suposed to eat meat, we are the only species that has to cook meat before we eat it in order to not get sick
I so have to remember this one when people ask why I don't eat meat. It is so true and it should shut people up :D.

rantipole
Sep 26th, 2005, 04:40 PM
69) because I love myself.
70) because I love this planet.
71) because I love you.
72) because I want good karma

Cheers,
rant

GloomCookie
Oct 14th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Because it feels so good to look at the world with your eyes open and your head up and still be able to respect yourself.

eclectic_one
Oct 14th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Because it is obvious by our physical nature that humans are not meant to eat meat. Any of you ever had a meat-eater point out your "canine" teeth in the front as "proof":rolleyes: ? I point out to them that it those four somewhat pointy teeth are nowhere near pointy enough to be able to grab hold of and wrestle down/kill anything. Even more telling, most of us have to use knives to tear or somehow tenderize "tough" foods (like meat) in order to eat them unlike true carnivores. Besides, most of our teeth--especially the molars--are more like herbivores: fairly flat on top and wide for grinding (not tearing). Human jaws are also more like herbivores in that our jaws can move to the left and right as well as up and down. Carnivores' jaws can only move up and down (i.e., alligators' and cats' jaws). Also, our intestines are VERY long whereas carnivorous animals have short intestines--to get the "meat" out quickly--while meat and animal products putrify in our intestines. [Sorry I don't know all the sources, I've read these differences so many different places!]

maya
Oct 14th, 2005, 07:00 PM
75) Chicks are debeaked without anaesthetic to prevent them injuring each other in the unnaturally confined conditions they are kept in.

That just makes me want to cry.

green_dreads
Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:29 AM
76) Pigs are more intelligent than any dog, the extent of their intelligence is still unmeasured, but we know they can handle video games. When kept in factory farm cages, they barely get the chance to move an inch and quickly go insane, usually at infancy.

77) Most factory farmed animals never see the light of day.

78) In the production of leather, cows are generally skinned alive after an eletronic stun.

79) In slaughter houses, many animals are still concious as they have their throat slit. Pigs tend to urinate and scream in fear after seeing the pig ahead of them put to death. Some have even been boiled alive if they do not get their throat cut being the boiling process.

I could go on. :eek:

tipsy
Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:38 AM
53) Because you can still get drunk, stagger home and eat loads of left over pasta with lashings of chilli sauce.

this is my fav!

lol :D sounds like me on any given thursday night!

thecatspajamas1
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:35 AM
80) Because my cat licks my face when I cry.

sugarmouse
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:53 AM
79) In slaughter houses, many animals are still concious as they have their throat slit. Pigs tend to urinate and scream in fear after seeing the pig ahead of them put to death. Some have even been boiled alive if they do not get their throat cut being the boiling process.

this makes me cry:(

because my likkel hamster is so innocent and so trusting..to consume a being just because i can..would be denying myself the compassion i am capable of

eclectic_one
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:45 PM
I agree with those of you who point to your pets as examples of animal intelligence/empathy that makes it hard to even consider eating ANY animal:) I know I told my first bunny when I brought her home, "you don't have to worry about me"--as lots of people talked about my eating her when she grew up:mad: Looking into the eyes of my dog, cat, rabbits, and fish, I can't imagine even considering eating one of our fellow creatures!

ZM
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:05 PM
80) Because your sex drive goes way up.
81) Because your boyfriend's cum tastes better when he's vegan.
82) Because it's hypocritical to say that your race is the most 'compassionate', then turn around and support the lifelong torture and slaughter of defenseless people.
83) Because it's hypocritical to say that you care for animals and don't want them to suffer, then turn around and support the lifelong torture and slaughter of defenseless people.
84) Because humans are animals, too.
85) Because we can't define what we should do in life by what we're allowed to or what's legal -- it's also legal for me to manipulate and coerce people into sex with me, short of rape, but that too is wrong.
86) Because we need to look past ourselves sometimes and give up things so that others can be happy -- even if they don't "affect you".
87) Because animals are people.

scruffyhead
Nov 1st, 2005, 09:31 PM
88) because a healthy diet makes a healthy mind which makes a healthy outlook for every living thing :)

DC
Nov 17th, 2005, 12:31 AM
53) Because you can still get drunk, stagger home and eat loads of left over pasta with lashings of chilli sauce.

I love that one.
#89) Because since becoming vegan last month, I can't remember ever feeling as good as I have been. Not to mention comments that i'm starting to look way better too. The overall feeling of wellness can't be beat.

#90) Finally being able to say that I constantly eat more healthy than my mom who is a dietician.

Troub
Dec 5th, 2005, 05:13 AM
#91) There is no reason not to.

thecatspajamas1
Dec 5th, 2005, 06:48 AM
92) Because you poop three times a day MINIMUM.

thecatspajamas1
Dec 5th, 2005, 10:38 AM
i saw that on a sticker somewhere and it made me laugh

Blueshark
Dec 5th, 2005, 01:43 PM
93) Because it is easiar to spell than Vegetarian

speedylemons
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:27 PM
94.] Because i like to pet animals, not chew them.