pat sommer
Jul 4th, 2006, 04:50 PM
121. moths won't eat your clothes
122. you can avoid most delicasies offered by aunt Bertha

sugarmouse
Jul 5th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Because I said so!

lol hello one post person

because..its the only way to love myself because i do not contribute to suffering

barrylove
Jul 5th, 2006, 01:36 AM
LOL....hello!
I will try to post more :)

The answer stays the same :), but I do have another one.....

Becasue it MAKES NO SENSE at all to kill another living being to simply make money and satisfy one taste buds. I don't get it..I really don't!

I will be posting an article that a local paper did on me about being in the fitness industry as well as being vegan. It is mainly about being vegan.

Ashee
Jul 9th, 2006, 06:14 AM
You know you are doing better for all

barrylove
Jul 10th, 2006, 12:56 AM
You know you are doing better for all
AGREE with Ashee :)

Poppy
Jul 10th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Because I will not eat anything that has a beating heart and the capacity to love and have babies like we do. (Or as I say to people who ask "Why Vegan?" I just say "I don't eat anything that has a face" x

Russ
Jul 17th, 2006, 04:58 PM
The people you meet. That's a definite reason to go vegan. The most diverse group of totally insane, hilarious and positive people I have ever met are vegans.

Jakub
Jun 7th, 2007, 11:44 PM
123] Because we should't do to others, what we wouldn't like to be done to us. It's as easy as that.:D

tipsy
Jun 8th, 2007, 12:09 AM
every animal in the world is one more reason to go vegan!:D

sponge
Jun 8th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Because suffering feels the same whether it is inflicted upon me or an animal.

Kevster
Jun 8th, 2007, 09:05 AM
124. Because the livestock industry supports the killing of wild animals that compete (apparently) for food.

Korn
Sep 7th, 2007, 12:09 PM
There's a Ten Reasons to be Vegan-list here:
http://vegan.volblog.at/?itemid=14591

frank language
Sep 7th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I didn't see this one listed anywhere here:

101 Reasons Why I'm a Vegetarian (http://www.garynull.com/Documents/VivaVine/101ReasonsVegetarian.htm)

There's now a book (http://www.vivavegie.org/101book/) as well.

xrodolfox
Sep 7th, 2007, 02:54 PM
125. Because my family and I don't need to consume animal products to thrive.

Zero
Sep 7th, 2007, 03:27 PM
126. Because animals deserve to be free.

PaintedXSkyline
Sep 8th, 2007, 04:33 PM
127) Because my body isn't a graveyard.

HappyVegan
Sep 8th, 2007, 09:29 PM
128) I sleep very sound knowing I'm not contributing to the suffering of others.

Mahk
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:38 AM
129) Because livestock produce more greenhouse gases responsible for global warming than do all forms of transportation combined! It is a combined problem including the cattle's burps, farts, and methane producing manure (over 100 pounds per cow per day!), the deforestation to make land to grow crops for them to eat, and the transportation of their feed all added together.

Other people have already alluded to this (including vegan forum member SBond back in post #35) but now this info comes with a lot more clout since it is not from a vegan organization but rather from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (http://www.fao.org/newsroom/en/news/2006/1000448/index.html).

Making matters even worse, meat production worldwide is expected to double what it is today by the year 2050. Think about that, this major contributer to global warming (currently around 18%) will double within our own lifetimes!

The UN's full PDF report, "Livestock's Long Shadow", not just a summary, is found on the top of this page: here. (http://www.virtualcentre.org/en/library/key_pub/longshad/A0701E00.htm#sum)

mexicanpotato
Sep 28th, 2007, 11:23 PM
130.)because carrots turn you orange and orange is the greatest color ever! (not that omnis can't eat carrots but you have to eat a lot for that to happen and I would assume vegans eat more....I don't know I guess....)

crimson~noir
Oct 9th, 2007, 10:19 AM
131) because your weekly shopping bill goes down:D (from 30 - 14!)

puca
Nov 1st, 2007, 05:44 PM
132) Because veganism is environmentalism and environmentalism protects humans too!

humansituation
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:42 PM
I'm not going to add a number because I'm sure this point has been raised in several different forms but...

It gives you a small but significant feeling of wellbeing to know that far less suffering has occurred in the creation and sourcing of what you eat. To cook a lovely vegan meal for a group of vegetarian and meat eating friends without them even knowing, and when it's discussed after you can casually mention that it is cruelty free.

It's only a start of course, I continually worry about climate change, food miles, human exploitation and reckless consumerism but through an ongoing personal revolution you can be sure you are not contributing in a negative way in our brief chapter on this beautiful planet.

Cherry.Chops
Jan 26th, 2009, 01:34 PM
133) you are so much more aware of your body and what it needs and what it cant handle. you listen to your body, not your tastebuds.

(sorry if this has been written already)

fiamma
Jan 26th, 2009, 01:40 PM
134) Vegans are SEXY!!!

exec
Jan 31st, 2009, 07:02 AM
135) Because I can but wouldn't want to imagine the pain it feels should the razor blades slide across my neck and have my blood shed in streams, nor the suffering it bestows should I be imprisoned for the species I have been born into. Should these all happen, I prefer to imagine death.