PDA

View Full Version : Today i'm thinking of making...

Pages : [1] 2

flying plum
Oct 16th, 2008, 08:44 AM
what are you making today?

I'm thinking of making chocolate peanut butter cookies, which was the first vegan thing i ever baked, and came from a recipe on this site somewhere. i'm really bad with measures...it's basically oil, cocopowder, soya milk, peanut butter, flour, oats and raisin.

they taste AWESOME. i'm having people over for a falafel fest, soi though i might make some 'dessert' :)

edit: this here be the recipe:

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12565&highlight=chocolate+peanut+butter+cookies

amanda

ms.vegan
Oct 16th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Hi Amanda! wow, sounds lush, and I will check out that other link for the falafel recipe on here too, thanks so much! I love coking, and this here vegan has the sweetest tooth in europe lol! I have only had falafel once, savoury style, and I thought it was absolutely gross, so I'd be interested to see what else can be done with it! Adventure is the name of the game! I'm a full-time mum, with two teens at home, and aanother who lives independantly. I'm the only vegan . . .(sad smile) and trying desperately to remove all traces of animal/dairy products from my family's cupboards, fridges and freezers, but teens are so stubborn aren't they? my 17-year-old, who lives away from home, iis convinced that vegans eat "mushroom earth shit", excuse me, that we're all freeks, and won't even try anything that's got vegan on the lable, so I hafta bake him things to try. It's all in the mind! I have sight problems, so reading from recipe books is a problem for me, but I can cook, I have scales that talk, and all the other gismos and gadgets that every other kitchen has. I'm hoping to find some really lush recipes on this forum, and I'm determined to turn at least the two kids who still live at home vegan within 6 months! Thanks again Amanda, w/b soon. By the way, tomorrow I am baking vegan style chocolate cup cakes, will let you know how they turn out! lol! Much love, Jen.

sugarmouse
Oct 16th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I am going to have a go, at makin Parkin:)
Anybody's guess is whether I will succeed or not:p

ms.vegan
Oct 16th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Good luck, SugarMouse! Be sure to w/b and let us know how you got on! Always great to hear about other people's experiences! Much love, Jennie. xx

sugarmouse
Oct 16th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Thankyou!
Fellow jenni here.
But help!
My friend wants me go visit her at 4pm.
i have just finished preparing the Parkin and its 310 pm.
Can I put it in th oven when I come back?Or must it go in right away?

ms.vegan
Oct 16th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Jenni I don't know lol! Have just tried to get hold of my p.a for advice for you, but she's out! Ouch! vegans to the rescue! I don't know much about parkin, what it's made of, etc. I would've thought, since it's not got meat or anything yucky in t, that unless it's got yeast in it, which will rise if left unattended, it would wait, at least for a while? Hmm, I'm so thick, you're probly laughing at me reading this message because I don't know what parkin is, at mii age lol! Loveyou! Jen. xx

flying plum
Oct 16th, 2008, 06:22 PM
what the hell IS parkin???

flying plum
Oct 16th, 2008, 06:30 PM
oooo, it's that northern ginger bread type stuff that you get at bonfire night. i didn't realise that was what it was called.

oooo, maybe i'll make some next week to introduce croatians to british food and guy fawkes ;)

amanda

ms.vegan
Oct 16th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Hi! thanks Amanda, I didn't know what it was either! Tried to sorta say so earlier, but didn't wanna appear too thick lol! do you mind if I ask, are you from Croatia, or do you just live there? if the former, your english is perfect! I haven't looked at your profile, to see if it says anything . . . thickness shining through...again! :) Jen. xx

sugarmouse
Oct 16th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry folksies!I guess being a Yorkshire lass I have known what it was since I was sucking me thumb !
I left it till I got back, figured it wouldnt make much difference, if anything might help as would let the mixture settle.
It is still in the oven now, takes aaaaages so wish me luck on whether it is edible when it does come out!
If it is, I will share the recipe!:D

ms.vegan
Oct 16th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Hiya Jenni! I knew the name rang a bell from somewhere! years ago, when I was just a teenager, just outa boarding school, I used to date a guy from Preston, in Lancashire, and I think his mother used to make it! would sorta make sense, similar part of the country lol! Let us know how it turns out! Good luck honey! Jennie. xx

flying plum
Oct 19th, 2008, 12:29 AM
ms vegan - no, i'm a londoner. sadly, my croatian is less-than-perfect!! i'm just here for three months on an internship, but i really like it here. i'd definately stay longer if i could!

amanda

pavotrouge
Oct 19th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I'll try my hand at making a proper Sunday English roast dinner for lunch, special request from my Essex friend :)

veganbikerboy
Oct 19th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I just made a full english breakfast, i know its 2pm but I was hungry..:D

cobweb
Oct 19th, 2008, 02:23 PM

my husband has just done the same!

emmapresley
Oct 19th, 2008, 06:39 PM
we're making a lentil sheperdly pie..and i'm gonna slart reggae reggae sauce on it and mound the bugger up with a thousand and two different amazing vegetables :thumbsup:

Risker
Oct 19th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Thinking of making coleslaw, might leave it till tomorrow though.

BlackCats
Oct 19th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I made homemade coleslaw the other day and it was so nice.:) I felt like having macaroni "cheese" just now but I probably won't make it until later this week. I think it would be better with grated cheezly or something on top and I don't have any at the moment.

fiamma
Oct 25th, 2008, 07:38 PM

What did you have, VBB? *curious*

Sarah_
Oct 26th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Gonna make spaghetti.

pavotrouge
Oct 26th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Tom Yum soup, instead of baking tons of muffins as I had planned, but I'm out of sugar!

Buddha Belly
Oct 26th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Am in thethe middle of making some sage and onion bread and will have a hotpot later to go with it. Just the thing for a windy & wet day.

clare155
Nov 10th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Am in thethe middle of making some sage and onion bread and will have a hotpot later to go with it. Just the thing for a windy & wet day.

oooh now sage and onion bread sounds gooooooood - is there a recipe I could steal from you?? :)

Buddha Belly
Nov 10th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I was lazy and used a bread mix (sainsbury's 89p) and put finely chopped onion and chopped sage in. Really easy. I apologise if i made sound like i was a grand bread maker. I am, in fact, lazy lazy lazy. :D

Buddha Belly
Nov 10th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Today i am going to cook Thai sweetcorn cakes. These are made from scratch and are lovely, though my girlfriend hates the Kaffir lime in them.