PDA

View Full Version : Praise the Swedish King!

boatsteem1
Oct 16th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Praise the Swedish King!

Carl XVI Gustaf, the king of Sweden, wants to start wolf hunting. Right now the population of the endangered wolf is around 150 individuals. The king thinks that they are growing too many. He said this during an interview after his yearly royal moose hunt in central Sweden today

The hunt, which is the country's biggest hunt with dogs, had 100 participants, including the king's son, prince Carl Philip, who shot one moose. The whole team shot 23 moose by lunchtime.

This is in Swedish but you can still watch the video.
http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=33831&a=1280855&lid=puff_1281002&lpos=lasmer

Manzana
Oct 16th, 2008, 09:05 PM
so, where can we sign a petition AGAINST it?

boatsteem1
Oct 17th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I don't know of a petition, but feel free to write him an angry letter at:

H.M. Konungen
H.M. Konungens hovmarskalksämbete
Kungl. Slottet
111 30 Stockholm
Sweden

bryzee86
Oct 17th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Pray, can I be constructive and objective with my comments?

Okay, here goes:

What a cock.

runnerboy
Oct 17th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I clicked on this thread because I thought it was about Swedish Glace ice cream.

rianaelf
Oct 17th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Lol, thankx Runnerboy, I needed something to giggle at!

but seriously I thought you were going to say that the King had done some amazing thing for vegans or animals

how dare they do that :mad:

boatsteem1
Oct 18th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I clicked on this thread because I thought it was about Swedish Glace ice cream.

I feel this situation is very ironic since he is the Board of Trustees chairman of WWF Sweden and is considered to be a nature lover.

Hemlock
Oct 18th, 2008, 11:14 AM
The upper classes cannot have a good time unless it involves killing something or shagging it, preferably both!
My own family were all hunting, fishing, shooting and horse racing - probably why I have nothing to do with them and live like a gnome in the woods with a Yorkshire biker.

pusskins
Oct 18th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Praise the Swedish King!

Carl XVI Gustaf, the king of Sweden, wants to start wolf hunting. Right now the population of the endangered wolf is around 150 individuals. The king thinks that they are growing too many. He said this during an interview after his yearly royal moose hunt in central Sweden today

The hunt, which is the country's biggest hunt with dogs, had 100 participants, including the king's son, prince Carl Philip, who shot one moose. The whole team shot 23 moose by lunchtime.

This is in Swedish but you can still watch the video.
http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=33831&a=1280855&lid=puff_1281002&lpos=lasmer

I think that these sort of idiots are growing too many. I propose f***wit hunting.

Glossgirl
Oct 20th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I dont understand why the scandinavians still have the royal families... :rolleyes:

starlight
Oct 20th, 2008, 10:31 PM
The upper classes cannot have a good time unless it involves killing something or shagging it, preferably both!

If you just enjoy shagging does that make you middle class?

:D

vegandingo
Oct 21st, 2008, 02:11 AM
Does the king not know that the wolf is no more responsible for being born a wolf anymore than the king is responsible for being born a king.

However, I would say that the wolves are far more useful. They keep nature in balance.

What do kings do these days?

starlight
Oct 21st, 2008, 03:08 AM
Does the king not know that the wolf is no more responsible for being born a wolf anymore than the king is responsible for being born a king.

^^^^^ what he said

emzy1985
Oct 21st, 2008, 09:48 AM
Wow! I know what lets hunt all the wolves to extinction so they cannot rise against us, kill our children and rape our wives and have little hybrid babies. :confused:

I dunno if there are more than 150 royal families left in the world, however any more then 0 is too many. Anyone fancy a good hunt?

Manzana
Oct 21st, 2008, 07:50 PM
If you just enjoy shagging does that make you middle class?

:D

clearly... perfect logic! :tongue_ani:

bradders
Oct 22nd, 2008, 10:55 PM
I hate this sort of thing, wolves are beautiful creatures who have every right to be in their natural habitats. The same is true of bears and so many others. I personally feel that those animals that would ordinarily be free roaming in this country but now largely exist only captivity but are suitable for re-introduction to the wild should be, an example would be the European bear and wolf. These animals were and are important in their habitats. Though I guess not everyone is comfortable with England having bears and wolves again, maybe they shouls think about what was here as recently as a hundered years ago.
p.s. I'm not in favour of transporting animals from other countries etc to re introduce them