PDA

View Full Version : Binge foods?

Pages : [1] 2

DreamIntoAction
Oct 18th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Hello, I'm new.
Forgive me if there is a thread similar to this, but do you all have any foods that you can't seem to get enough of? Like eating tons in one sitting?
Hopefully, it's not a problem; you can control yourself for the most part, but everyone overeats and loses control sometimes! Luckily, I'm at a healthy weight and I exercise daily, so I don't feel too awful splurging every now and then (except when my tummy starts aching... heh).

BTW, this isn't meant to be an eating disorder thread. If you're a compulsive overeater, get help.

Cereal
With rice milk and sprinkled with cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Favorites include Puffins (Barbara's Bakery) and Post Grape-Nuts.

Peanut Butter
Yes, I'm one of those people that can eat PB right out of the jar! High in calories and fat, I try to limit, but I can sometimes consume half the jar in one sitting!!!! I also love apples and banana with PB. Hey, at least it's the "healthy" fat.

Hummus
Same with the PB.

Pita Bread
With hummus or dipped in olive oil, I sometimes can have like 3 big whole rounds in one sitting!

Crackers/Chips
The Multi/whole grain kind. Sun Chips (Original) are so good! You just keep munching and munching until half (or more) of the bag is gone!

DiaShel
Oct 19th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Cereal is mine. I simply can not buy it anymore because I can't stop eating it once the box is open. Doesn't matter what kind it is! Now I can only buy oatmeal for breakfast :o
Chips are a close second. tortilla kinds or terra chips. Can't buy them unless it's a little bag. I like them with guac or really hot salsa.

Hemlock
Oct 19th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Bread, bread, bread, bread, it has to be banned from the house.

cobweb
Oct 19th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Cheezly, although i'm not so bad with that now

Cakes - they are a big one for me, i have a load of little cakes in the kitchen now, way too easy to scoff.

firstandthen
Oct 19th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Hello, I'm new.
Forgive me if there is a thread similar to this, but do you all have any foods that you can't seem to get enough of? Like eating tons in one sitting?
Hopefully, it's not a problem; you can control yourself for the most part, but everyone overeats and loses control sometimes! Luckily, I'm at a healthy weight and I exercise daily, so I feel justified in splurging every now and then.

This isn't meant to be an eating disorder thread.

Cereal
With rice milk and sprinkled with cinnamon and/or nutmeg. Favorites include Puffins (Barbara's Bakery) and Post Grape-Nuts.

Grape Nuts? Oh yes. Gimme, gimme.

beanstew
Oct 19th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Pretty much any kind of nut but especially salted pistachios.

Salted peanuts.

Peanut butter. I was delighted to find 1Kg tubs of PB in Planet Organic. Even better is the fact that it's 100% organic peanut squeezings. It says "Use within 3 months of opening." I doubt it'll last 3 weeks. :)

Strawberries.

Animosity
Oct 19th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Cereal. Once the box is open, I won't eat anything else until the box is gone. I'm like a junkie. *sigh* I can only buy small boxes of low-cal cereal now and hide it on the top shelf so I have to climb to reach it (lol!). soy jerky, apple chips(the unhealthy fried potato chip kind... *sigh*) TOFU! Any well prepaired tofu dish-- I can't stop myself from over eating it! Anything thai has to be bought in single serve amounts, or i'll end up eating nothing but thai all day.

veggiemaya
Oct 19th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Peanut Butter
Yes, I'm one of those people that can eat PB right out of the jar! High in calories and fat, I try to limit, but I can sometimes consume half the jar in one sitting!!!! I also love apples and banana with PB. Hey, at least it's the "healthy" fat.

i looooove peanut butter, and almond butter. i make mine homemade in the vita-mix and i literally had to cut myself off from making any more almond butter after i ate a whole tub i had made in less than a week! i know its healthy but..tell that to my thighs!!

and yes, apples and peanut butter are one of my all time favorite foods!! i eat one every day at work for lunch...mmm, now i want one! :lol:

and pita chips, they are so delish. i like to have them with baba ghannouj, but i am fine just eating them plain. i can easily do a whole bag in a weekend. **sigh**

DiaShel
Oct 19th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Cereal. Once the box is open, I won't eat anything else until the box is gone. I'm like a junkie. *sigh* I can only buy small boxes of low-cal cereal now and hide it on the top shelf so I have to climb to reach it (lol!). soy jerky, apple chips(the unhealthy fried potato chip kind... *sigh*) TOFU! Any well prepaired tofu dish-- I can't stop myself from over eating it! Anything thai has to be bought in single serve amounts, or i'll end up eating nothing but thai all day.

I'm glad I'm not along on the cereal thing. I thought I was just weird.

sugarmouse
Oct 20th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I tend to not have 'binge foods' within my reach as I used to be mega eating disordered.
But having said that I can eat 3 bags of salad in one sitting and a whole panof my home made soup!
When I was a compulsive over eater, ti was cereal or bread.

DreamIntoAction
Oct 20th, 2008, 12:47 AM
I'm glad I'm not along on the cereal thing. I thought I was just weird.

Me too!
Everyone else I knew would go wild on the chocolate/candy bars and ice cream, but it was always cereal and bread for me!

Yeah, it's sometimes best to keep these foods out of the house.... or try to buy really small portions so you don't go crazy. While it seems most of the foods we've listed are more or less healthy (we're all vegan here, so no cholesterol; hopefully little or no trans fats), they can still pack on the pounds because some are high in calories.

Marrers
Oct 20th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Crisps (potato chips) and ice cream / cherry sorbet are my main ones. Also if I make a big pot of some savoury stew or curry I sometimes have 'just one more spoonful' from the pan - and then another and another til I feel sick

fondducoeur
Oct 20th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Pistachios (my main one right now)
hummus (either on crackers or pita bread)
guacamole (I try not to make this often bc I can't help myself!)

Glossgirl
Oct 20th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Bread, bread, bread, bread

Me to

missbettie
Oct 20th, 2008, 09:54 PM
corn chips...sprinkled with nutritional yeast and hot sauce...i will eat the whole bag...and to think...i used to not like nutritional yeast.

twinkle
Oct 20th, 2008, 09:59 PM
+1 for sorbet. And cherries. I can eat a big bag of cherries easily. And at the moment I'm eating a lot of smoozes. I think it's the texture as much as anything, plus I can kid myself I'm getting some of my five a day ;)

Sarah_
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Frozen grapes
peanut butter
breads
crackers
chips
hummus
fries
cookies

Joeybee
Oct 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Onions, garlic, tomatoes, pasta, chocolate!! swedish glace vanilla ice cream with mint choc sauce, linda mc cartney country pies, potato salad, hummus with carrots, chips!!

That's my little list....I'm getting hungry typing it lol. Actually I have linda mc cartney pies in the oven right now!

kriz
Oct 28th, 2008, 07:37 PM
- potato chips
- mint dark chocolate (or with nuts).
- french fries
- cherries
- salted peanuts
- cookies
- ice cream (especially those Tofutti 'sandwiches'!!)
- hummus
- olives
- bread
- pasta
- anything deep fried like mushrooms or zucchini
- soy whip cream.. with mashed banana and chocolate powder
- guacamole with tortilla chips

firstandthen
Oct 29th, 2008, 04:35 PM
ooohhhh, toast. so warm, and dense and comforting :)

green woman
Oct 29th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Cake. I have to restict the amount I make otherwise I'd eat it at every meal - and between meals.

paradoxsund
Oct 30th, 2008, 08:21 PM
mine are hummus, dates, figs, stuffed grape leaves, sun-dried tomatoes, and barbecue potato chips. mmmmmm

Pearl
Oct 30th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Mine is plain soya yoghurt with jam in.:thumbsup:

speedylemons
Nov 28th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Ugh,

mine are

cashews
chestnuts [I'm in Japan now.. so unfortunately preshelled packaged 'kuri' are available and I just can't resist them. Ugh!]

Fruit of any kind..

Dried fruit is even worse than fresh

And actually any nut. Nuts are thine enemy. I wish I could eat a normal amount but I've tried so many times just to fail.

once I am in a country where I can find vegan bread and cereal and ice cream it's really dangerous for me to go to those parts of the store alone. It's like i have to have a babysitter there to make sure I don't buy something I shouldn't! Ridiculous isn't it?! :sad:

Cherry.Chops
Nov 28th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Dates
Biscuits
Tyrells parsnip, beetroot and carrot crisps. (ooohh mmyyy god (shudders in pleasure))