PDA

View Full Version : Tasty recipes for someone going veg for health reasons...

KTeh
Oct 25th, 2008, 05:02 PM
And health reasons alone. My manager's wife was told by her doctor to eliminate red meat from her diet. My manager said she's going to try cutting back significantly on chicken as well. He, of course, asked the Resident Vegan for some suggestions!

Here's what they usually eat/what he would like veg alternatives for: Meatloaf, meatballs or something like that for spaghetti topping, chicken wings, breakfast meats, burgers, etc. They eat a lot of meat. :(

My other manager and I gave him suggestions for ground meat (Boca Ground - which is vegan! :D), burgers (easy peasy), chicken strips (Morningstar Gardein chicken strips - vegan!), breakfast links and bacon (Morningstar makes some, although they are not vegan...). What's really getting me is the meatloaf. Do you guys have any super-easy recipes on hand for a veg*n meatloaf? I don't think she cooks all that much, so simplicity is key.

I really want them to be impressed with their meat-less alternatives so that they don't get frustrated too easily and stick with it!! Who knows... maybe they'll even take the next step... :faint_smilie:

fiamma
Oct 25th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Wow, meatloaf... I always hated that stuff even before I was veggie!

Maybe a lentil bake/loaf or a nut roast? I'll try to find something, but really it isn't something I ever make. Have you tried vegweb?

KTeh
Oct 28th, 2008, 03:49 PM
VegWeb!! I always forget about that site... haha, I usually just spontaneously get inspiration from blogs. I will go peruse their recipes... thanks!