PDA

View Full Version : Soya milk in smoothies?

Shaolin Jedi
Oct 31st, 2008, 06:53 PM
Can you add soya milk to smoothies, to thin them out? (my smoothies tend to be to thick, more like yoghurt :)). I read somewhere that you can add water, but i love the taste of soya milk - just wondered if it would ruin a smoothie.

horselesspaul
Oct 31st, 2008, 07:31 PM
I find it curdles in the glass and in the stomach. Your mileage may vary.

Shaolin Jedi
Oct 31st, 2008, 07:36 PM
Lol, i don't think curdling in my stomach sounds good. Is water a good idea?

horselesspaul
Oct 31st, 2008, 07:42 PM
Water works well here.

Shaolin Jedi
Oct 31st, 2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks Paul, i'll try that next time. Wow, you live in Brighton, that's supposed to be a cool place to live and be vegan. :)

horselesspaul
Oct 31st, 2008, 07:45 PM
Feels good to me..

vava
Oct 31st, 2008, 07:47 PM
always add soya milk to mine and a narna and other frozen fruit i have around - several threads already on smoothies if you search....

Pearl
Oct 31st, 2008, 07:49 PM
I much prefer soya milk in my smoothies. My husband prefers all fruit. Im sure its all good.:)

Shaolin Jedi
Oct 31st, 2008, 09:46 PM
Pearl, vava: Does the milk not curdle, as horselesspaul suggested?

Pearl
Oct 31st, 2008, 10:30 PM
No, it doesnt curdle at all. I like it because I dont always fancy a breakfast and a smoothie with soya milk seems to have a bit more substance than one with just pure fruit. If I want just fruit (or fruit and veg) I will juice stuff.:)

sandra
Oct 31st, 2008, 10:49 PM
I make a gorgeous smoothie with strawberries, bananas, ice cubes, half a glass of pure orange juice and a tub of plain vegan yogurt! Whizz it altogether and it makes the most delicious smoothie you could ever wish for.
(I don't use soya milk.............I don't think it would make that much difference though.......it might make the smoothie thinner..........but I like it thicker so I use yougurt! ) ):

horselesspaul
Oct 31st, 2008, 11:48 PM
I find it curdles in the glass and in the stomach. Your mileage may vary.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I find that acids curdle soya milk very easily.

gogs67
Nov 1st, 2008, 12:33 AM
Can you add soya milk to smoothies, to thin them out? (my smoothies tend to be to thick, more like yoghurt :)). I read somewhere that you can add water, but i love the taste of soya milk - just wondered if it would ruin a smoothie.
I have one every day,ice, 1/3 pint soya milk, 1/3 pint fresh orange, 1/3 pint of a rasp/strawb mix from the supermarket, with protein powder, tastes great and no curdles!

horselesspaul
Nov 1st, 2008, 01:09 AM
Sounds delicious.
Perhaps I'll try again.

shiny2008
Nov 1st, 2008, 12:59 PM
I have one every day,ice, 1/3 pint soya milk, 1/3 pint fresh orange, 1/3 pint of a rasp/strawb mix from the supermarket, with protein powder, tastes great and no curdles!

sounds wonderful...