PDA

View Full Version : Sainsbury's soya drink

Zoe
Nov 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Hi, I went into Sainsbury's to get some cartons of their unsweetened soya drink and could not find any. I asked the staff and I was told it has now been discontinued.

Stu
Nov 8th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Was this the really cheap 'n' nasty budget one? I reckon you're better off without it! Pay the extra 40p or whatever, and get some Alpro.

bryzee86
Nov 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Tesco's own brand (blue carton) for 63p is good too.

ETA: that's the sweetened one - the unsweetened one is 60p and organic.

Zoe
Nov 8th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Sainsbury's here have also stopped doing the Realeat VegeMince, does anyone know of any bread that is vegan other than Sainsbury's? It will save me a taxi fare to the other side of town if I can go to another store.

Gorilla
Nov 8th, 2008, 09:34 PM
my local Sainsburys do Linda McCartney mince which is vegan.

bradders
Nov 8th, 2008, 09:43 PM
sainsbury's also sell an own brand soya milk both in sweetened and unsweetened for about 60p. seen it be more, seen it be less. They also do fresh ones identical to Alpro's for under 90p

Zoe
Nov 8th, 2008, 09:47 PM
sainsbury's also sell an own brand soya milk both in sweetened and unsweetened for about 60p. seen it be more, seen it be less. They also do fresh ones identical to Alpro's for under 90p
Yes but I was told by this has now been discontinued.

helen105281
Nov 8th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Yes but I was told by this has now been discontinued.

What colour carton was the one that you used to buy, that they say has been discontinued? We buy the one in the red carton, but when we were in there the other week they were selling off the soya drink in the free from range (yellow carton) for 15p which could have meant that they were discontinuing it? I bought the red one today.

Zoe
Nov 8th, 2008, 10:15 PM
What colour carton was the one that you used to buy, that they say has been discontinued? We buy the one in the red carton, but when we were in there the other week they were selling off the soya drink in the free from range (yellow carton) for 15p which could have meant that they were discontinuing it? I bought the red one today.
Yes it was the yellow carton in the freefrom range.

helen105281
Nov 8th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Yes it was the yellow carton in the freefrom range.

I thought it was, in which case I recommend the red one, have not tried the sweetened one though.

bradders
Nov 8th, 2008, 10:21 PM
neither the blue or red ones fresh or uht have been discontinued, I think the free from range one has and they may be phasing out the UHT sweetend soya drink from the basics range that costs about 20p

RossClement
Nov 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Sainsbury's here have also stopped doing the Realeat VegeMince, does anyone know of any bread that is vegan other than Sainsbury's? It will save me a taxi fare to the other side of town if I can go to another store.

For bread, Hovis bread is often labelled vegan on the back. Depending on where you are, the co-op bread is labelled, including some of the bakery speciality bread.

I've noted that Linda McCartney veggie mince is now labelled vegan. But it's more expensive than Realeat. From a long time ago, Realeat veggie mince was nicer than Linda Mc, and the Realeat is now cheaper. So I haven't bought any of the Linda Mc.