View Full Version : Upcoming vegan social event

eve
Nov 10th, 2008, 06:48 AM
COMBINED VNV & VEGANS UNITE! END OF YEAR BANQUET
Date: Saturday, 6 December
Time: 7.30pm
Where: Enlightened Cuisine
Address: 113 Queens Bridge Street, Southbank
Details: Food will be a $28 per head banquet of Asian vegetarian cuisine.
Enlightened Cuisine is now a licensed venue and offers organic vegan beer
and wine.
RSVP: Please RSVP to Georgie at social.dinners@vnv.org.au by Friday
14 November at 8pm. Please note the earliness of this RSVP required, as
numbers need to be confirmed with the restaurant.

Have fun!

eve
Nov 11th, 2008, 08:04 AM
kitteh - have you checked out this event? :)

Mr Flibble
Nov 11th, 2008, 09:08 AM
You need to put the words wine and beer in the title of the thread ;)

Kitteh
Nov 13th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I'm in Sydney, not Melbourne, Eve! But I think the NSW Vegan Soc. is having a dinner tomorrow night? Or sometime in Dec but I am pretty sure I can't make it :(

eve
Nov 14th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Well I just RSVPd and hope to go to Enlightened Cuisine on 6 December!

treehugga
Nov 14th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Oh Eve - you're going? Finally somewhere in Victoria! I want to try and swing it so I can go now, but it's my birthday weekend and we're booked elsewhere and I live 2 hours away. I hear the food there is lovely, especially the spicy eggplant tofu. I hope you have a great night. I recently had a vegan banquet at the Continental at Hepburn - I highly recommend it if you get a chance, but you need to book in advance. Fresh ingredients, lovely combinations, a good mix of raw and cooked and all gloriously healthy and delicious. Worth the trip and you can stay over really cheaply and have a banquet breaky thrown in the next day and yoga as well. Everything there is vegan and no yukky fake meat stuff.

eve
Nov 15th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Well I just made a big boo-boo - the notice said it's in Southbank, and the only Southbank I know is in Brisbane! I emailed Maureen, secretary of VVSQ (Vegan/Vegie Soc of Qld), to ask if she would be there, and was very happy that she put me in the picture. Otherwise I'd have been wandering in vain, around Brisbane's Southbank looking for happy vegans! All sorted now, and instead I'll be joining VVSQ at an end of year celebration at The Happy Wok! So glad Maureen wised me up! ;)

eve
Nov 15th, 2008, 10:07 PM
treehugga, have a wonderful birthday weekend. Yes I did once spend a few days at Hepburn when there was a get together about the possibility of holding an IVA (International Vegan Association) celebration on Magnetic Island off Townsville. We had a lovely time at Hepburn but the Magnetic Island do just didn't happen. ;)