PDA

View Full Version : Amazing chocolate chip cookies

Ruby Rose
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Isa C M posted an amazing recipe for choc chip cookies on her blog a couple of weeks ago.

http://theppk.com/blog/2008/11/10/chocolate-chip-cookies/

I finally got around to making them, using cornflour instead of tapioca flour, and plain soya milk instead of almond milk. Very quick, very easy and truly, gobsmackingly fantastic cookies, chaps. Made a batch of 16 - they have gone already (and there's only me and Mr Rose around today... :eek:). Well worth a go.

twinkle
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Interesting recipe. Not sure where I'd get tapioca flour, and I WISH I could get chocolate chips around here :( They used to do them in one of the scoop and save places in the market but haven't had them for ages, and haven't seen the plamil ones around either.

*gets out tiny violin and starts playing... oh, my life is so hard with no chocolate chips* :D

Ruby Rose
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Cornflour instead of tapioca flour - or arrowroot if you have that in the cupboard. I bought a bag of dairy free choc chips from the health food store, but I seem to recall that the Supercook ones that you get in all the supermarkets (Tesco, Sainsbury, Waitrose definitely) are also vegan.

twinkle
Nov 16th, 2008, 05:16 PM
... I seem to recall that the Supercook ones that you get in all the supermarkets (Tesco, Sainsbury, Waitrose definitely) are also vegan.

Yeah, I got an email from Supercook a while back in response to my enquiry telling me that although they were made on the same line the ingredients in the dark ones were vegan. Now they've been taken over by Dr Oetker (sp?) they've gone the Green and Blacks route, and last time I looked they said they contain milk :(

bryzee86
Nov 16th, 2008, 08:49 PM
waaaaah?! bloomin' eck.

If you're ever down this way, grab some tropical source ones from whole foods for about £2.50.

Sluggie
Nov 16th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Sainsburys have dairy free choc chips in the Free From section, and Marks & Spencer do plain choccie chips too.

Want cookies now.

RebeccaDye
Nov 16th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Exellent, thanks!
I :heart: Isa.

Maisiepaisie
Nov 17th, 2008, 10:56 AM
I don't bother with choc chips. Instead I just cut up a block of vegan chocolate into small pieces. Its cheaper. Thanks for the recipe, I'll give it a go later :)

twinkle
Nov 17th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I don't bother with choc chips. Instead I just cut up a block of vegan chocolate into small pieces. Its cheaper. Thanks for the recipe, I'll give it a go later :)

Yeah, that's what I do as well, mostly because I haven't got much choice! M&S had dark chocolate chips for about a week 4 months ago, but haven't had any in since despite me nagging them. Haven't seen any in any free from sections either. Leicester seems to be a bit of a dry spot for them! (yes, I'm talking about independent wholefood shops too) :(

I personally prefer chunks of chocolate in cakes I'm going to eat, but chocolate chips look a lot more professional in cookies you're trying to sell (as I found out last weekend - most of my cupcakes were snapped up because they looked pretty, and only 2 people bought my ugly choc chunk cookies).

bryzee86
Nov 19th, 2008, 12:30 AM
these were fricking awesome!

I shall quote Jo to sum it all up:

"These are just how cookies should be"

Kitteh
Nov 23rd, 2008, 11:09 PM
I've heard these are good, I should have tried them this weekend

Ruby Rose
Dec 14th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Okay, made a Christmassy variation on these, leaving out the choc chips and putting in cinnamon, ginger, dried cranberries and pecan nuts. Fantastic.

I'm never going to use any other cookie recipe again - haven't had a single duff batch with this, and am getting the reputation as the Cookie Queen as well as Empress of Cupcakes. I so heart Isa.

Ara
Dec 14th, 2008, 04:59 PM
They're selling bags of dairy free cooking choc chips in Sainsbury's now, they're the same make as the rice crackle bars and buttons