PDA

View Full Version : V1

gertvegan
Dec 14th, 2004, 10:16 AM
V1 is a privately owned, independent company providing a choice of fast food for vegetarians and vegans, set up by a vegan. Most of the products on the menu are suitable for vegans.

As vegans are taking over the world, they are looking to expand. Please fill in the location poll. See HERE. (http://www.v-1.co.uk/main.htm) You could always say Bristol. ;)

snaffler
Dec 14th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Cool :D I have comprimised I will meet you in the middle of both of us and chose Bath ;) Fair then.....so i can always get something filling and hot after sabbing all day.

Jays

Gorilla
Dec 14th, 2004, 02:05 PM
heh heh i voted for Brighton a while back and they very kindly emailed me to say that as there are so many veggie eateries in Brighton, they'd rather give some other places the opportunity to sample veggie fast food first! :D

we're lucky to have Red Veg burger bar here which is yummy. if i'm ever in Nottingham though i will certainly check out V1, it sounds excellent :cool:

Ruby Soho
Dec 14th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Sorry guys, you already have plenty of good veggie/vegan stuff available down there in Bristol/Brighton - I voted for Sheffield cos quite honestly its quite crap for things up 'ere :D

Aurora
Dec 14th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Anywhere near me! Essex is the back of beyond as far as vegan food is concerned. I voted Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk or Cambridge.......willing to travel!

Cloudy
Dec 14th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Sorry guys, you already have plenty of good veggie/vegan stuff available down there in Bristol/Brighton - I voted for Sheffield cos quite honestly its quite crap for things up 'ere :D

Yay!

Although it's not that bad, we have blue moon and the olive garden, two places to pop in on a Saturday wander through town.

PinkFluffyCloud
Dec 14th, 2004, 07:36 PM
We have a Vegan cafe near us that is For Sale - let me know if you are interested, anyone, I would hate to see it go non-Vegan! It has a healing room and a library, too.

I am voting 'Aberdeen' so it's ready for when I move near there!

pixeequeen
Apr 30th, 2005, 11:40 PM
V1 is local to me and oh baby is it good! Anyway, for your information, if anyone is ever in Nottingham until it opens its new place, they have just changed their menu to a much less 'fast-food' type orientation. So the VLT burger has gone :( but it has been replaced by much more yumminess, such as Chilli and rat-at-oo-ee and bean burgers (yum) replace their meaty type ones. They do orgasmic chocolate cake too! and the staff are lovely. SO if anyones around here and wants to shout a poor student a meal..... ;)

PinkLogik
May 1st, 2005, 12:52 AM
I'd love to eat in V1s again... I used to always eat there whenever I was out a shopping in good old (and beautiful!) Nottingham. :)

V1s rocks!! Yeah baby! :D

tails4wagging
May 1st, 2005, 06:31 AM
Yes, my friends and I go there often. Just been a few weeks ago, for a little girls birthday they had made a wicked birthday cake!! :) . We were dissapointed that they had stopped doing garlic mushrooms :( .
and vblt (vegan bacon, lettuce and toms).

A friend wrote and asked why?. they said their finances were struggling and by changing their menu they had hoped it will help. Each time we go, it is always busy, cannot understand that?.

It is our treat to go there for a meal its wonderful :D

gertvegan
May 3rd, 2005, 09:01 PM
V1 in Nottingham (www.v-1.co.uk) is looking for several people to join the team and help move the business forward. It's an exciting time as we undergo the biggest changes since the birth of the business and it's important to us that we employ the right people, not just those who look right "on paper". If you're who we're looking for we will tailor-make a job to suit you. Please note that for most of the jobs you need to be able to work on Saturdays or Sundays. We are looking for: full and part-time team members, a kitchen supervisor/chef, a general manager, a part time office assistant, and a business manager. If you are interested please call Tamsin on 0115 941 5121.

puffin
May 3rd, 2005, 09:32 PM
You lucky lot, i have nothing like that here :(
The only time i have had a vegan burger out and about was at strawberry fair about 9 years ago and i have never had vegan chocolate cake :(

Geoff
May 3rd, 2005, 11:24 PM
When I saw the 'V1' thread this is what came to mind: (I'm too old!)
The Vergeltungswaffe 1 Fi 103 / FZG-76 (V-1), known as the Flying bomb, Buzz bomb or Doodlebug, was the first modern guided missile used in wartime and the first cruise missile. Vergeltungswaffe means "reprisal weapon", and FZG is an abbreviation of Flak Ziel Gerät ("anti-aircraft aiming device"), a misleading name.

Called the Buzz bomb because of the characteristic buzzing sound of the engine, it caused considerable fear in targeted areas. People would listen for the missile approaching, but then be relieved when it could be heard overhead as that meant it had actually passed them. If the engine noise cut out, it was time to take cover, as the unpowered missile would go into its terminal dive and explode

tails4wagging
May 4th, 2005, 06:13 AM
yes, geoff my mum used to talk about V1 'buzz' bomb.

V1 cafe is a great place and the staff seem to be a happy bunch of folks.

Aurora
May 4th, 2005, 05:13 PM
yes, geoff my mum used to talk about V1 'buzz' bomb.

And mine! ;) My parents lived near the centre of Birmingham during the war!

gertvegan
Jun 1st, 2005, 08:01 PM
Are we looking for you ?

V1 Vegetarian restaurant in Nottingham (www.v-1.co.uk) is looking for a General Manager. It is currently run by a vegan and we'd like to continue with a vegan in charge if possible. Catering or retail management experience is essential. Please phone Tamsin on 0115 941 5121 or email tamsin@v-1.co.uk

gertvegan
Sep 10th, 2005, 09:56 AM
V1 Vegetarian Restaurant is for sale

City centre location in Nottingham. 7 years' track record & many loyal customers. V1's current owners are keen for it to remain 95% vegan.

For more info please call Tamsin on 0115 941 5121 or email tamsin@v-1.co.uk