PDA

View Full Version : Travelodge £9 sale today!

alisont
Dec 30th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Putting this in here but might be better in UK meet ups?

Travelodge have started a £9 sale today - the site keeps crashing but I used the mobile site (very basic but works) off my computer which allowed me to book.

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/mobile/

I have booked £9 rooms for 2 vegan festivals next year, too good an offer to miss:) there are still some available - this offer is for bookings from May - Sept - cuts off 6th Sept so covers the London vegan festival - might be worth booking asap if your thinking of going the £9 is for the room which sleeps 2-3 (or 6-8 going by past VF bookings;))

There are some £19 rooms available over that spell too including city centre, motorway and airport ones if needed.

Guacamole Gal
Dec 30th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Putting this in here but might be better in UK meet ups?

Travelodge have started a £9 sale today - the site keeps crashing but I used the mobile site (very basic but works) off my computer which allowed me to book.

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/mobile/

I have booked £9 rooms for 2 vegan festivals next year, too good an offer to miss:) there are still some available - this offer is for bookings from May - Sept - cuts off 6th Sept so covers the London vegan festival - might be worth booking asap if your thinking of going the £9 is for the room which sleeps 2-3 (or 6-8 going by past VF bookings;))

There are some £19 rooms available over that spell too including city centre, motorway and airport ones if needed.

Cheers mate, I've got a few things that I hope to be back for and this may come in handy..Although I wish they had them for Feb and March too!:rollseyes_ani:

Thanks again for the tip-off though..Ps: How's ya sore throat doing after our munch-up on Sat? xx

pusskins
Dec 30th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Thank you for the tip-off, but *grrr spit* I keep getting the 'Server Busy' page when I am finally getting somewhere!

Going to keep trying... It's like pressing redial when the line's busy...

alisont
Dec 30th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Cheers mate, I've got a few things that I hope to be back for and this may come in handy..Although I wish they had them for Feb and March too!:rollseyes_ani:

Thanks again for the tip-off though..Ps: How's ya sore throat doing after our munch-up on Sat? xx

Hi yes wish it was feb and march too. Sore throat is still the same Im afraid:rolleyes:

Thank you for the tip-off, but *grrr spit* I keep getting the 'Server Busy' page when I am finally getting somewhere!

Going to keep trying... It's like pressing redial when the line's busy...

The basic mobile link I posted is working but the main site seems to have crashed, it always does with the travelodge sales:confused: hope you get onto the site soon?

aubergine
Dec 30th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I'll never use them again after they double booked a room I reserved six months in advance.

That was a hellish night.

Frank
Dec 30th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I'll never use them again after they double booked a room I reserved six months in advance.

That was a hellish night.

Where did you sleep in the end?

aubergine
Dec 31st, 2008, 06:55 PM
Where did you sleep in the end?

They 'found' a spare room at the last minute. The room turned out to be a grotty, smelly hole in the basement that had clearly been bypassed during the recent refit. The bathroom door had been kicked in which was a nice touch. It was a cold night for march and the heating was useless. Filing a complaint slipped my mind in the end but it's tarnished my opinion of them. Although we arrived at 11pm we had called ahead and spoken to the manager who told us everything was fine, and the room was already paid for. It was galling to be told it is normal policy to overbook to ensure they fill every room upon arriving. They were going to send us to another hotel, but this was the only one within walking distance of an event the next day that was impossible to get to any other way.

Premier Inn however have been excellent every time and now I understand why they're always the first to book out all their rooms.

Gorilla
Jan 19th, 2009, 09:51 AM
i've had generally good experiences with Travelodges but i wouldn't recommend the Battersea one. the reception staff couldn't find my booking on the computer so seemed to just stick us in any old free room, which was shabby and noisy (people coming and going past the door all night, slamming doors and shouting), the bed was so soft it was like sleeping on a water bed (not in a good way) and it wasn't even that cheap! unless you can get a ridiculously good price or the rest of London is fully booked, avoid that one ;)