PDA

View Full Version : Pure margarine/cheese slices/triangles

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

1gentlemaorispirit
Apr 27th, 2009, 05:35 PM
^They probably won't bother stocking it in Essex! :lol:

Hey you!:p Not all of Essex is the back of beyond, :amazed_ani: my local Tesco sells the disgusting stuff . . . unfortunately! :rollseyes_ani:

hullabaloo
Apr 28th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I used the cream cheese for a cheese cake as it tastes like tramps feet by itself

Any chance of posting up the recipe you used?

Buddha Belly
Apr 28th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Any chance of posting up the recipe you used?

Sorry but it is to be part of a larger recipe collection ready for xmas called
A Taste of Vegan Tramp Feet.

It will feature most things I cook.

hullabaloo
Apr 28th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I'm sure that will be a best seller :p I honestly don't know what to do with it as I most definitely agree that it is boking by itself!

Buddha Belly
Apr 28th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I did not realise you were being serious. I will post a good recipe later when I go home as there is a good one there. The one I made was for quick results, there is a slower one though.

Ms_Derious
Apr 28th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Now, clearly I wasn't paying attention when everyone who had tried it said it was yuk, because I bought some... and yes, it was yuk!

It's just really, really sweet. I think I'll go down the cheesecake route as well. I don't like wasting food.

Now... I wonder if I'll learn my lesson, or if I'll buy the slices as well. What do you think? ;)

clare155
May 2nd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Come on runtheroad - what are the slices like??

Im going to steer clear of the cream cheese after everyones opinions!

bradders
May 2nd, 2009, 05:56 PM
got the spread but haven't tried it yet. found it in the surrey quays tesco

bignige
May 5th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Asda Walsgrave (Coventry) have the slices. They really do taste like regular processed cheese slices too! Nearly 5 grams of fat per slice is a little bad though!

Tesco Walsgrave are selling off the Pure Cheese spread for £1 a tub, saving you 69p!

Ruby Rose
May 5th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Spread has made it to Salisbury - and it's disgusting. Like saccharine pollyfilla. It's marginally better than the stinky, slimy Alpro one, and not as good as the chalky Tofutti one... but nothing beats lovely, lovely :heart::heart:sheese:heart::heart::heart:

Buddha Belly
May 5th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I propose we have this thread shut down before others feel obliged to try this vile creation.

harpy
May 5th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Spread has made it to Salisbury - and it's disgusting. Like saccharine pollyfilla. It's marginally better than the stinky, slimy Alpro one, and not as good as the chalky Tofutti one... but nothing beats lovely, lovely :heart::heart:sheese:heart::heart::heart:

Hmm, I really hated the Sheese one when I tried it, so perhaps I need to seek out this new Polyfilla one, if it's the opposite. :dizzy:

Ruby Rose
May 6th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Thank you for spotting my spelling mistake - I did mean Polyfilla, not parrot filla!

harpy
May 6th, 2009, 08:56 AM
You can tell what my decorating experience is limited to :D

1gentlemaorispirit
May 6th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Hmm, I really hated the Sheese one when I tried it, so perhaps I need to seek out this new Polyfilla one, if it's the opposite. :dizzy:

I've been eating cream Scheese this week and really like the garlic and herb one!:)

Spread has made it to Salisbury - and it's disgusting. Like saccharine pollyfilla. It's marginally better than the stinky, slimy Alpro one, and not as good as the chalky Tofutti one... but nothing beats lovely, lovely :heart::heart:sheese:heart::heart:

Thanks for the idea on how to use up the remainder of that crude! ;)

Risker
Jun 13th, 2009, 12:15 AM
I propose we have this thread shut down before others feel obliged to try this vile creation.

Too late, I tried it for the first time today (the spread). I know I haven't lead a perfect life and I've done things I'm ashamed of but I really don't think I've done anything bad enough to deserve this horrible spread.

Surely they must have done taste tests before releasing this stuff, does anyone like it? I don't recall seeing a single positive mention of it.

How are the slices?

mchelle81
Jun 13th, 2009, 07:11 AM
i still havnt managed to find it none of my supermarkets have it

Stig
Jun 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Its the triangles I'm being taunted by, I doubt I will ever get them...South Wales is never at the fore front of vegan treats.

Mr Flibble
Jun 13th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Asda Walsgrave (Coventry) have the slices.

Cool. Will grab some one day this week during my lunch break.

Spud Addict
Jun 15th, 2009, 07:04 PM
If the triangles are a shaped version of the cream cheese then count me out.......

It was ok as cheesecake though.

f2097
Jun 20th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Grr, none of these new products have reached Southampton yet :(

Spud Addict
Jun 20th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Don't worry, you're not missing much :)

*live*&*let*live
Jul 17th, 2009, 02:29 AM
My OH bought some of the slices for me from Asda about a month ago sorreeee :o Didn't try them till tonight as didn't see the thread and not really 'into plastic' cheese, other than when melted on toast. They smell like VERY strong cheese, had a nibble and they taste ok really. I will save it for 'cheese' on toast. Hope it melts:surprised_ani:
Million times better than Sheese which is sweet and tastes DISGUSTING IMO not tried Tofutti, but the SHeese experience put me off fake cheese which is why these slices have sat in the fridge. I do have a block of Redwoods cheese does anyone know what that is like? Cheezley I think it is. If you were a fan of plastic cheese before you became vegan then I say go for it, if not don't bother :smile:

sandra
Jul 17th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hi Live & let live!

I actually prefer the Cheezly to any of the vegan cheeses. My favourites are Cheezly white cheddar and red cheddar.
They have some 'super melting' varieties aswell which are nice too.
I still haven't managed to try the Pure 'cheese' slices etc, even though I keep checking for them when I'm out. :(

Mr Flibble
Jul 17th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Where abouts do they have them in asdas? I've looked in 2 quite large ones and not seen anything.