PDA

View Full Version : what is your favorite warm beverage?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

foxytina_69
Dec 18th, 2004, 05:35 PM
theres a poll now so i erased the written options :D

Ruby Soho
Dec 18th, 2004, 05:48 PM
tea, without a doubt, but only ordinary 'english' tea - have tried many fruit and herb teas and not yet found one I particularly like. They all smell wonderful, yet for some reason taste largely of nothing - maybe I just don't brew them right :o

Artichoke47
Dec 18th, 2004, 06:08 PM
I like both tea and hot chocolate almond milk.

feline01
Dec 18th, 2004, 08:24 PM
I like both tea and hot chocolate almond milk.

I found the chocolate almond milk :D . Wegmans sells it, a supermarket chain with an impressive health food section. Thanks Artichoke for telling me about that stuff and for sending me my first taste :D .

My preference is normally coffee but haven't had any since May 2003. I'll have an occasional herbal tea or hot chocolate but still miss my coffee :( .

PinkFluffyCloud
Dec 18th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Tea for me, please!
Chamomile, or Echinacea and Raspberry, or, my favourite, 'Pukka' Love Tea, which is gorgeous.
I try to avoid all caffeine as it gives me heart palpitations.

Wanda
Dec 18th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Don't have a favorite hot beverage.
Unless drinking hot soup counts...

MzNatural
Dec 18th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Mmm, herbal tea!
Wrapped in an afghan sitting by a fire, sipping tea and reading to my daughter. :)

foxytina_69
Dec 18th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Mmm, herbal tea!
Wrapped in an afghan sitting by a fire, sipping tea and reading to my daughter. :)

that sounds so nice mznatural :)

Mystic
Dec 18th, 2004, 10:49 PM
I used to drink green tea for the antioxidants - then I realised that the caffiene was making me have anxiety attacks - they have stopped since I stopped drinking it. I have started having chamomile before bed to help me sleep - I don't like it though. I am not a fan of hot beverages - never have been :confused: - Actually I am a bad drinker altogether. I have to make myself drink even just water everyday, even if I am thirsty I don't bother. Don't know why. Not even juice or anything.

foxytina_69
Dec 18th, 2004, 11:31 PM
i guess i should answer this too lol. mine is hot chocolate :D

Roxy
Dec 19th, 2004, 07:55 AM
I like a soy mocha as a treat every now and then.

PinkFluffyCloud
Dec 19th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Foxytina - I just KNEW you were a Hot Chocolate girl!

foxytina_69
Dec 19th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Lol

Geoff
Dec 19th, 2004, 10:05 PM
The warm drink of choice in Brisbane at the moment is any water that's not straight out of the fridge!
For a hot drink, I'm hooked on coffee. :)

eve
Dec 20th, 2004, 07:53 AM
I favour a hot soyaccino when I'm out, at home it's cocoa, but not every day. :)

PinkFluffyCloud
Dec 20th, 2004, 08:31 AM
The warm drink of choice in Brisbane at the moment is any water that's not straight out of the fridge!
For a hot drink, I'm hooked on coffee. :)

Geoffrey, I keep on telling you, Coffee is evil! :rolleyes:

Geoff
Dec 20th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Geoffrey, I keep on telling you, Coffee is evil! :rolleyes:

So am I!:)

snaffler
Dec 20th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Neither of the choices above, Mulled Wine at the moment, not much though only a few pints a night :D

Tigerlily
Dec 20th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Black tea!

I tried green tea and I find it didn't taste like any thing. Maybe I'm not brewing it right, but oh well.

I love "normal" tea so much. I drink it every day.

Gorilla
Dec 21st, 2004, 11:17 PM
i voted for coffee because i drink quite a lot of it (Fairtrade and organic of course!! ;) ) i do like a soyaccino when i'm out and although i'm quite sensitive to caffeine it's kinda hard to give up, especially on cold, dark winter mornings! i managed to avoid it most of the summer though

i like black tea occasionally, and i've got more into herbal teas - like you Ruby i always thought they tasted of nothing. recently though i've found Pukka's Soothing chamomile and fennel very nice. i think you need to find the right one for you. :)

Andie
Dec 27th, 2004, 09:39 PM
I looooove coffee but only have it as a treat. The caffiene does me no favors.

animalsvoice
Dec 31st, 2004, 07:07 PM
You forgot green tea! :)

Chocolate is tasty, but I prefer tea because there is so much sugar in chocolate..
I like to mix different teas, it's usually 3 or 4 different ones, and most of the time I mix green and black.

animalsvoice
Dec 31st, 2004, 07:12 PM
I feel bad when I drink coffee, a little "dizzy" feeling. I guess it's the caffeine.

foxytina_69
Jan 1st, 2005, 12:28 AM
i make my hot chocolate homemade with organic cocoa and i only use a teaspoon of organic sugar.

8 winks
Jan 13th, 2005, 02:22 PM
i love pondering my collection dried herbs i'm building and selecting combos for tea. it's almost spiritual for me. and warm weather means all sorts of yummy helpful plants are growing. here i ought to say thanks to the people (and books) who have lent me their knowledge on this subject. tea makes me so freakin happy!!!!!

i used to love coffee but if i have caffene lately i get sooo wound up and anxious