PDA

View Full Version : Grassington's Gardein range

Pages : [1] 2

mchelle81
Jan 15th, 2009, 01:11 PM
so is anyone else a bit annoyed that they have the beef one in asda, the chicken ones in sainsburys, and the meatballs in morrisons, i cant get to a morrisons so i wrote to them and asked them if this will always be the case, or will they stock all of them in same shops anyway i got a reply and here it is

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query. We are
trying to get listings for the Grassington's Gardein products in as many
stores as possible, and are confident that availability will increase.
As it happens, Tesco have started stocking the full Gardein range of 3
products (from last week), so hopefully you will be able to get them
there.

Gorilla
Jan 15th, 2009, 02:28 PM
i've never found any vegan Grassingtons products in any of my local stores!

mchelle81
Jan 15th, 2009, 02:39 PM
sainsburys by me is quite good, asda is crap, but i love sainsurys with there labelling on their own brand stuff easy to spot

Mr Flibble
Jan 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Gardein is made by Garden Protein International (Canada) and used by a number of companies now. Tesco sell things branded Tesco that use exactly the same stuff.

I like it, and shop regularly in 4 different supermarkets (as well as independants when I get a chance - usually their opening hours don't match my shopping hours).

bignige
Jan 15th, 2009, 03:43 PM
so is anyone else a bit annoyed that they have the beef one in asda, the chicken ones in sainsburys, and the meatballs in morrisons, i cant get to a morrisons so i wrote to them and asked them if this will always be the case, or will they stock all of them in same shops anyway i got a reply and here it is

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your query. We are
trying to get listings for the Grassington's Gardein products in as many
stores as possible, and are confident that availability will increase.
As it happens, Tesco have started stocking the full Gardein range of 3
products (from last week), so hopefully you will be able to get them
there.

My Morrisons stocks all 3! They did a special where each cost £1. I bought 6 bags of meatballs and 4 boxes each of chicken and beef.
I seem to have a love hate thing going on with the meatballs, chicken bits are really bland and the beef ones are ok. The whole range is a little disappointing to be honest. They should go the Quorn route but vegan it.

Gorilla
Jan 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Gardein is made by Garden Protein International (Canada) and used by a number of companies now. Tesco sell things branded Tesco that use exactly the same stuff.

are those the chicken-style fillets/dippers? none of my local Tesco stores sell those either! you'd think they would round here...

emzy1985
Jan 15th, 2009, 04:00 PM
My Morrisons were doing all of them for a quid recently so I sticked up mega style. I have just recently run out and when I went back they had all sold out. Damn North Herts Vegans eating all the Southern Beds Vegan's munch ay? :D **Whoop**

It's a good thing that they are selling out. Maybe broke omni's are buying them too. :)

Mr Flibble
Jan 15th, 2009, 05:33 PM
are those the chicken-style fillets/dippers? none of my local Tesco stores sell those either! you'd think they would round here...

Correct.

The chicken-style fillets are 100% identical (like they were made on the same machine) as the grassington ones, which have a bit of sauce slapped on.

There's a huge 24 hour tesco in walking distance (though i must confess to having only walked there twice) of my house that sells them.

Cherry
Jan 15th, 2009, 05:51 PM
My tesco doesn't sell them either :(

helen105281
Jan 15th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Damn North Herts Vegans eating all the Southern Beds Vegan's munch ay? :D **Whoop**

It's all Buddha Belly's fault :D

pie
Jan 17th, 2009, 02:07 PM
my morrisons sells them, i can get most things there, even cheezley and swedish glace, last week they had some alpro cream in the chilled bit but when i went today and it had all gone, i'm so cross was going to have a go at baking cherry's millionaires shortbread!

mchelle81
Jan 17th, 2009, 03:15 PM
ooohhh shortbread yum i not got a recipe for that :(

clare155
Jan 18th, 2009, 03:12 PM
ooohhh shortbread yum i not got a recipe for that :(

http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/getrecipe.php?section=biscuits&recipe=millionaire_shortbread is Cherrys recipe!

I was also going to make this this weekend, but I didnt make it to the high street to get the cream... I am a beast though and would prob eat the lot :o

I havent seen any of the Grassingtons range at my sainsburys, I will check tesco tomorrow night :)

mchelle81
Jan 18th, 2009, 04:05 PM
omg clare155 that looks great i will be trying that :) thanks for the link

Cherry
Jan 24th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I know this is the Grassington's thread, but just for the record, I've never tried making millionaire shortbread using that fresh cream, so I don't know what would happen! I used the soytoo UHT whippable stuff.

Pob
Feb 9th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Found Gardein Chicken nuggets in Sainsburys the other day. Not bad, actually. Breadcrumbs aren't the best, though.

Pob
Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:06 AM
Emailed Gardein asking if they could bring back the plain chicken-style steaks that used to be sold under the Asda brand:

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your feedback. We are
currently developing a range of different products using Gardein,
including some which I think will suit your needs. Assuming we can get
store listings for them, they should be in stores in the next few
months, so keep an eye out for them.

Regards

John Moore

Customer Service & Data Control Coordinator
Dalepak Foods, Dale House, Leeming Bar, Northallerton, North Yorkshire,
DL7 9UL

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 02 April 2009 16:45
To: Grassington Customer Services
Subject: Grassington's Website Contact Form

First name: Pob

Message: Is there any chance of bringing out a plain version of the
chicken style steaks under the Grassingtons Gardein range, like Asda
used to sell under their own brand. They were a fantastic vegan
alternative to the non-vegan Quorn products, and we used to use them in
all sorts of meals. Chicken-style tikka, kebabs, roast dinners, etc.
While the marinated chicken-style steaks are very nice, they aren't
nearly as versatile.

Please bring out a plain version! (And make sure it's still vegan!) :-)

Marrers
Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:41 AM
Well done pob, I hope they do bring something out. I really miss those.

fatvegan
Apr 22nd, 2009, 01:17 AM
Saw the chicken fillets in a 'sage & onion marinade' in Co-op today. On offer at 2 for £3 as well.

mchelle81
Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
i am having no luck finding the new gardien stuff sainsburys used to sell the beef one but now they dont. asda used to sell the chicken ones but now they dont they only have the chicken nuggets which are great, and went to morissons and they havnt got any very disapointing

Cherry
Apr 22nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
I've only ever seen one gardein thing, and that was the chicken nugget type things, which I bought at the weekend. I tried them last night and they were pretty good. I think I like the tesco ones better though, but I can't get those near me. I'd like to try the other things. Is it just marinated fillets that they do?

Saw the chicken fillets in a 'sage & onion marinade' in Co-op today. On offer at 2 for £3 as well.
There's no chance at all of getting them at my local co-op. It's so unvegan that they don't even sell hummous! I know! Mental!

Ms_Derious
Jul 26th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I had some of the nuggets living in the back of my freezer, waiting for a day like today when I was too tired to cook when I got home.

I really can't say they were that nice really :( They seemed very like Quorn, and the coating everso oily. I think maybe my tastes have changed and I just don't really like veggie burgers etc, as I wasn't too impressed with the last one I had a few weeks back either. I'd say if you really liked Quorn before you went vegan, you'll probably like this. I can't say if it's at all like chicken as I can't remember that far back (16 years!)

I shan't be buying them again.

Roxy
Aug 3rd, 2009, 02:07 AM
I love the Gardein range we have here in Canada.

gogs67
Aug 3rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Farmfoods are doing the 'chicken fillets' at 2 boxes for a pound at the moment!:eek::thumbsup:

KayJay
May 25th, 2010, 03:59 PM
These seem to have disappeared from my local stores :(