PDA

View Full Version : Hotel chain asked me to complete a survey - somebody stop me!

Jiffy
Jan 19th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Last week I had to attend a meeting for work and I ended up staying overnight in the Novotel in Wolverhampton.

As I wasn't footing the bill and I was tired and lazy I decided to dine in the Hotel's overpriced restaurant.

Surprise, surprise that grisly tableau which so many of us have had to endure was played out once again.

You know, the one where you scour the menu for something remotely vegan, fail to do so and then try to find a dish which requires the least modification, usually salad of some kind. I thought I'd go for the avocado Greek salad and get them to omit the feta cheese, but that wasn't available due to a lack of avocado.

I'll cut to the chase.... after having one of those conversations that entertains the diners on adjacent tables I ended up with the ubiquitous salad and chips!

When I received an email several days later inviting feedback I'm afraid I was very forthright. I mean how hard can it be for a well stocked and fully equipped 21st century kitchen to come up with a meal that isn't reliant on animal products? :pissed:

I bet they don't even bother reading my reply, much less respond to it.

Ross-P
Jan 19th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I've been there ! It really annoys me :mad: when restaurants don't make any effort to offer a Vegan meal. I'd be happy with any option even pasta with tomato sauce ( which is what i'm normally offered ! ). I get so embarrassed when I go out with friends and end up with a plate of chips !. I find going out to eat a bit of a trauma sometimes !.

fiamma
Jan 19th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Did they at least manage to drum up some dressing for the salad? :rolleyes:
Good for you for being honest... why don't you send them a follow up email if they don't reply?

I rarely eat out, 'cos it's just not worth the hassle here in Lardland.

pie
Jan 21st, 2009, 04:05 PM
that's a good name: lardland, made me laugh
i always thought it would be easy to eat out in italy, pasta and tomato sauce... but is suppose that would get a bit boring, i usually end up with salad and chips too unless i go to my local vegan cafe but it's only open daytime unfortunately.