PDA

View Full Version : Vegan All-Bran type stuff?

pinksheep
Jan 22nd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Hi there,
The only thing I really really miss is All-Bran - you know the thin strips of, well....Bran. Every brand I have tried so far - Kellogg's, Co-Op, Sainsbury's, Morrison's - all add blasted Vitamin D. Does anybody anywhere know where there is vegan All-Bran type stuff? I am getting deperate. I realise this is probably an odd craving, but there must be someone out there that loves the stuff as much as I do!
Thank you. :thumbsup:

sandra
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:36 AM
Maybe they've stopped selling it but I'm nearly sure I got All bran stuff from Sainsburys once and it said it was vegan on the box. It might have been the organic stuff, I'm not sure. I'll have a look next time I'm in Sainsburys. :)

pinksheep
Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
Oh thanks Sandra, I did look in Sainsbury's but not in the organic bit! Hope you are right!

pusskins
Jan 22nd, 2009, 12:24 PM
I'm pretty sure the Co-op version is suitable for vegans? It should say on the box? If it's called High Fibre Bran, then it is suitable for vegans.

Cherry.Chops
Jan 22nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
i used to like the thin strips when they've gone soggy and mushy!
I love soggy cerial :P

jimmeh
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:58 PM
Asda don't add Vit D -

Whole Wheat (75%), Wheat Bran (19%), Sugar, Malted Barley Extract, Salt, Niacin (B3), Pantothenic Acid (B5), Iron, Thiamin (B1), Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Folacin, Vitamin B12

pinksheep
Jan 23rd, 2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks guys! Yeah - soggy cereals are great, especially hot and I still put sugar on mine too! At the moment I am on Sainsbury's mini wheat things with raisins in. Nice mush factor, but just not All-Bran! Isn't it sad?!

Roxy
Jan 23rd, 2009, 07:26 AM
Do you get Nature's Path cereals in the UK?

http://www.naturespath.com/products/cold_cereals

pinksheep
Jan 24th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Hey Roxy, Thanks for that - I will check out if and where I can buy them. I couldn't see anything that looked All-Bran-y on the website - maybe the 'Optimum Power' things?
Checked out Sainsbury's - they must have changed something as it didn't say vegan on the box! Still got Asda to go.....Will have to find time to go soon!

Marrers
Jan 24th, 2009, 09:03 AM
pinksheep I have read here that Sainsburys (and Co-op) have removed the word 'vegan' from some items even though the recipe appears not to have changed so it might be worth ringing the helpline to see what they say (or just checking the ingredients list which is what you'll have to do at Asda).

sandra
Jan 24th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I'll have a look out for vegan all bran for you when I'm out on my travels pinksheep!
We'll get you sorted out yet, don't worry! :)

pinksheep
Jan 25th, 2009, 06:59 PM
oh you are all so lovely!! Is there any one thing anyone else really misses?!

pinksheep
Jan 29th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Hi Everybody!! Thanks for all your help. Sainsbury's and asda AB both had Vit. D in!!But I am very happy as Booths (Lancashire & Cumbria only I think) do their own brand 'bran sticks' and they are vegan!! I had a bowl for my tea because I couldn't wait 'til breakfast!!

jimmeh
Jan 30th, 2009, 09:08 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3129/3239884622_8ed35edbaa.jpg?v=0

Did you try these? They don't have vit D in them

jackie
Jan 30th, 2009, 09:31 PM
i used to like the thin strips when they've gone soggy and mushy!
I love soggy cerial :P

I like them sprinkled on top of weetabix....i thought they were vegan! oops

beanstew
Jan 30th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I like bran cereals with sliced banana or strawberries and raspberries.

pinksheep
Jan 31st, 2009, 01:02 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3129/3239884622_8ed35edbaa.jpg?v=0

Did you try these? They don't have vit D in them

Yeah but they just ain't All-Bran! Something about the texture! Mad 'cause Weetabix but nasty D in Crunchy Bran as well! :mad:
I have eaten my Booth's 'Bran Sticks' as they call it for every meal so far - how unhealthy is that?!