Jusroll puff pastry
Sugar

Truffle filling:
500g dark chocolate
1 cup cashews
1 banana
1 cup water

Directions
soak cashew nuts over night. Blend to heavy cream consistancy with banana (add alcohol if desired). Melt chocolate and mix cream into it. Refrigerate for 2 hours. (If you want truffles roll into balls and roll in cocoa). circles of pastry, coat one side in the sugar, but a good blob of truffle mix on the other side and fold over to make a pasty and bake until golden. Vv tasty, but still having some issues with the pastry opening up and truffle filling coming out a little.

mariana
Jan 24th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Mmm, that sounds so delicious! I really wish I had an oven!

twinkle
Jan 24th, 2009, 08:30 PM
No oven? Heh, I know this isn't helpful to say, but I'd be lost without my oven! Have you every considered getting a toaster oven? They're dinky! :)

twinkle
Jan 24th, 2009, 08:31 PM
...still having some issues with the pastry opening up and truffle filling coming out a little.

Are you moistening the edges before squishing them together? If not, it might help.

Thanks for posting the recipe - I have some puff pastry I need to use up, and chocolate and pastry is always a good combo :)

mariana
Jan 24th, 2009, 11:06 PM
No oven? Heh, I know this isn't helpful to say, but I'd be lost without my oven! Have you every considered getting a toaster oven? They're dinky! :)
Lol, I do feel a bit lost without it...though it's probably better for me since I'm eating less cake! :p I would, but I'm only in this flat for a year, so I don't want to buy one for such a short time. I'll just have to survive somehow without an oven, hehe.

squigaletta
Jan 25th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Are you moistening the edges before squishing them together? If not, it might help.

Thanks for posting the recipe - I have some puff pastry I need to use up, and chocolate and pastry is always a good combo :)

I had done but the chocolate was just too voluptuous. But I have since experimented and found a solution; fold the pastry round the truffle batter like an envelope and then put then so the join is facing downwards. Make sense? So on top you just have a smooth expanse of pastry. BUT; my housemate prefers it when the chocolate escapes a bit and goes a little crunchy, so whichever way you prefer them