PDA

View Full Version : Deep frying chocolate bars

Pages : 1 [2]

Marrers
Jul 29th, 2009, 01:44 AM
So when are you coming to visit then marrers? Just had the first of this year's peach and lychee pimms this evening.
*Packs bags with elasticated waist clothing and books train tickets as will be drinking too many cocktails to drive.*

Daffodil
Jul 29th, 2009, 02:00 AM
ugh i hate melted chocolate.... i tried deep fried mars bars before i turned vegan and didnt like them. the melted choc just coats your mouth too much...not my cup of tea.

Gwydion
Jul 29th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Sweet Mary and Josephine that looks (and sounds) good.

DavidT
Jul 29th, 2009, 04:06 PM
1 bottle of becks (275ml - any larger will do)

Oh, I agree. The larger the better. :rolleyes:

Ms_Derious
Jul 29th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Only if you bring treacle tart and wear funky glasses :thumbsup:

My glasses are blue.... does that count :D

Mr Flibble
Jul 29th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Yes

*live*&*let*live
Jul 29th, 2009, 09:15 PM
:o:o I read that as 'dress like a tart and wear funky glasses' I really need my eyes testing or maybe borrow the 'funky glasses' soorreeee ;):dizzy:

Mr Flibble
Jul 29th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Ah, no, that would be a tarts (http://www.partyconnection.co.uk/acatalog/30825.jpg) and vicars (http://www.partyconnection.co.uk/acatalog/321.jpg) party, which is not a bad idea at all :thumbsup:

Ms_Derious
Jul 30th, 2009, 09:27 AM
:o:o I read that as 'dress like a tart and wear funky glasses' I really need my eyes testing or maybe borrow the 'funky glasses' soorreeee ;):dizzy:

Dressing like a tart is easier then making a treacle tart.

However, dressing like a strange hippy/steampunk/goth hybrid is more my kinda thing. Everyday is dress up day in MsDerious' playground.

*live*&*let*live
Jul 30th, 2009, 03:45 PM
:D:D

ETA Ms D that could be interpreted as rather KinKEYYYYY !

Ms_Derious
Jul 30th, 2009, 04:16 PM
:D:D

ETA Ms D that could be interpreted as rather KinKEYYYYY !

What makes you think I'm not ;)

I often play around with the types of clothes I wear... and if nothing else it reminds me not to judge others on how they look, and highlights to me just how many people do exactly that!

squigaletta
Jul 30th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Ms. Derious, you stole my style! or rather the style I wish I could afford, sadly steampunk stuff tends to cost far too much for me, I wanna be a victorian steampunk detective! my budget can do the hippy stuff though!

Ms_Derious
Jul 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Ms. Derious, you stole my style! or rather the style I wish I could afford, sadly steampunk stuff tends to cost far too much for me, I wanna be a victorian steampunk detective! my budget can do the hippy stuff though!

Charity shops and sales in the local sewing shops are your friends here. There are often tutes over on craftster or threadbanger. I'm only just getting good enough to make things that aren't shockingly bad. Normally its a case of finding something that could be fixed to look vintage and sewing as little bit of lace on it.

I'm much better at doing fixes around the house though. I am currently planning on giving the fridge a little steampunk look to it by covering it in copper coloured decopage and useing silver foam pipe lagging around all the seems to insulate it and look cool at the same time :)

I recently teastained a set of bedsheets to give it a vintage air. They look fantastic. I can't take too much credit as I stole the idea... but it really fixed up a set of white sheets that had gone grey over the years.

*live*&*let*live
Jul 30th, 2009, 08:57 PM
What makes you think I'm not ;)

I often play around with the types of clothes I wear... and if nothing else it reminds me not to judge others on how they look, and highlights to me just how many people do exactly that!

Ms D is a kinky steampunk, gothic, non judging vegan, deep fried chocolate bar lovin, awesome chick! :D

ETA post a pic of your fridge when it's done....we have gone from deep fried chocolate bars to tea stained sheets oerr!

Roxy
Aug 1st, 2009, 11:32 PM
It looks great Mr F, but I don't think I'd ever be game to try it.

rainbow
Oct 8th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Mr. Flibble, I like the look of almost everything you make. But I just can't get into the deep-fat frying. Sorry. *shudders*