PDA

View Full Version : Vegans in Arizona?

Tulip
Jan 30th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I'm interested in relocating to Arizona and was wondering how vegan-friendly the Tucson area is. Does anyone know? :confused:

Roxy
Jan 30th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Check this out if you haven't already: http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/arizona/tucson/

Tulip
Jan 31st, 2009, 02:46 AM
Check this out if you haven't already: http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/arizona/tucson/

Thanks! Tucson has over two times the amount of veggie food places than I have where I live (Nashville/Jesusville, TN :mad:).

burl
Jan 31st, 2009, 07:29 PM
There's a bunch in Phoenix and one that I can think of in Flagstaff and Sedona.
Arizona is a beef state so veggie folks are hard to come by

Tulip
Jan 31st, 2009, 08:04 PM
There's a bunch in Phoenix and one that I can think of in Flagstaff and Sedona.
Arizona is a beef state so veggie folks are hard to come by

Ooh, I see that you live in Arizona. What would be the best parts of Arizona for someone who loves nature and warm/hot weather?

I want to one day own an adorable adobe house out there and live in an area where I won't have to worry about having grass in my yard (mowing sucks!). :lol:

Roxy
Feb 1st, 2009, 03:59 AM
Thanks! Tucson has over two times the amount of veggie food places than I have where I live (Nashville/Jesusville, TN :mad:).
No problem! Good luck with the move, and I hope you like it there :)

Tulip
Feb 1st, 2009, 05:44 PM
No problem! Good luck with the move, and I hope you like it there :)

Now I just have to convince my husband to go with me (because he loves his job here in TN). :D

burl
Feb 3rd, 2009, 06:57 PM
All of Arizona is hot sometimes and there is outdoors stuff to do everywhere. Sedona and the Verde Valley are nice for weather and outdoors. Sedona is expensive and has been invaded by weird metaphysical people. Phoenix is terrible and hot. Don't go there ever. Tucson is ok. Hot in the summer and very much a city, but it has a personality unlike Phoenix. Prescott is nice for weather and outdoor activities but also very expensive. Flagstaff is nice in the summers and snowy in the winter.
That's about it.

Arabfrancophile
May 8th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I live in Phoenix and I prefer Tuscon, but nature wise nothing beats Sedona,,,,,, I love it over there