PDA

View Full Version : Cocoa/hot chocolate

Pages : [1] 2

scott
Jan 31st, 2009, 03:54 PM
hello

I drink about 3- 4 cups of rice milk and cocoa a day! lol
its naturally sweet so i do not need sugar like with tea.

not sure if it is very healthy? But its yummsy :P

anyone else love rice milk n cocoa!?

twinkle
Jan 31st, 2009, 06:05 PM
I've only had rice milk about once, I think. I tend to get soya milk very infrequently as I struggle to use it all before it goes off, but if I have cocoa it's either made with soya milk or watered down coconut milk :)

beanstew
Jan 31st, 2009, 06:55 PM
I love cocoa especially on cold evenings. I use rice milk or oat milk depending on what I've got to hand. It goes really thick and creamy with the oat milk.

I like a sprinkle of nutmeg on top.

Kitteh
Feb 2nd, 2009, 01:31 AM
Yesm, I love making hot chocolate w/ rice milk! Last year I was having one after lunch everyday for a week or two. I can't wait til it's cooler here and I can start having them again.

Sarah_
Apr 7th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Sometimes I mix hershey's syrup with rice milk and heat it up. Does that count?

Cherry
Oct 3rd, 2009, 04:57 PM
You know that Hazelnut and Almond Rice Dream? It's really nice heated up! I think I actually prefer it to hot chocolate.

scarlett
Oct 3rd, 2009, 05:05 PM
mmmmmmm, I think its lovely :) I've never had it by itself though, usually make up my porridge with it, so will have to try that!

sandra
Oct 3rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
That sounds lovely Cherry! I'll be giving that a go myself! :)

Pob
Oct 3rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
What about making hot chocolate with that milk? That must be good, kinda praline flavour.

sandra
Oct 3rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
I'm loving that idea too Pob! :)

Cherry
Oct 3rd, 2009, 07:37 PM
It IS nice in hot chocolate :) Then my boyfriend got addicted to hot chocolate and started getting palpitations from the caffeine! So we missed out the chocolate part! The problem is what to call it. I think we're going with 'Not Chocolate' :D

harpy
Oct 5th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Mmm, I'm not sure I've even tried hazelnut and almond Rice Dream - is it widely available? One way to find out...

BlackCats
Oct 5th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Mmm, I'm not sure I've even tried hazelnut and almond Rice Dream - is it widely available?

It is completely delicious Harpy, you should try it. :) I get it in H&B.

Gwydion
Oct 5th, 2009, 12:13 PM
^Local Sainsbury's sells it as well. Is indeed yumsome.

harpy
Oct 5th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks, BC and Gwydion - you've talked me into it!

Jiffy
Oct 5th, 2009, 05:56 PM
You lot are leading me astray....and here's me wanting to shift another stone before Christmas.

Gorilla
Oct 6th, 2009, 03:27 PM
it's really hard to get the hazelnut and almond Rice Dream near me, most shops don't sell it and Holland & Barrett are always out of stock. :rolleyes:

veganwitch
Oct 6th, 2009, 04:40 PM
So of course this thread has given me a craving and I looked for that rice dream at the store yesterday. They didn't have it, but I will persevere!

Ms_Derious
Oct 6th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I saw some in my local H&B today, but I really can't justify £1.99 a carton while I'm looking for work :(

Soon as I'm earning though, I'm buying some :)

veganwitch
Oct 6th, 2009, 05:05 PM
This stuff might not even be available in the US....horrors! I did find almond milk and hazelnut milk. I thought about buying them and mixing them but didn't.

emmapresley
Oct 6th, 2009, 09:59 PM
that stuff IS really nice!
it sort of reminds me a teensy bit of bailey's..err..sort of very loosely.

we've had it in hot chocolate and cos it's thinner in consistency i don't really rate it for texture..fussy..ish. the so good is great for hot chocolate..i theeenk :smile:

Marrers
Oct 7th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Okay, I'm obviously suggestible because I got some today! So some of you just heat it and drink it as is and some of you add chocolate powder to it? What shall I do?!

Pob
Oct 7th, 2009, 12:09 PM
that stuff IS really nice!
it sort of reminds me a teensy bit of bailey's..err..sort of very loosely.I thought that, too, but it's too thin and not strong enough to work with alcohol added to it. :(

FatPassionFishPoet
Oct 9th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Ohh, I've never had Hazelnut and Almond Rice Dream...that sounds amazing...though I do also love the idea of making hot chocolate with that...I'll have to try it ASAP! Though I'll need to find the H&ARD first...maybe I'll be lucky at Holland and Barett!

Marrers
Oct 14th, 2009, 01:33 AM
So I tried it and thought it was pretty horrid (on it's own and with chocolate powder). :hmm: