PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with opionated omnis

Pages : 1 [2]

DavidT
Apr 11th, 2009, 03:06 PM
People have this image of vegans that they [...]eat nothing but sticks and spinach.

This is a bone (hah!) of contention with me. I would put down a bet that we (meaning that personally, I can't speak for anyone else) eat far more variety than 99% of meat eaters.

I mentioned a meal we ate not long ago as being delicious (cauliflower with ground nuts) and an omni said "Is that all?". It would have been great on its own, it was so good but I explained that we ate it with potatoes, green peas, onions, carrots and a variety of salad crops - if that had been a beefburger, what would they have eaten it with? Fries and white bread, maybe?

It would be interesting to compare some typical omnivores' diet and some typical vegans'.

Jiffy
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I'm afraid I was rather naughty the other day.

With it being Easter we had all our grown up parasites children round for Lunch. As ever SWMBO had gone totally overboard with the decoration, particularly on the table. Not content with daffodils all over the place she had those little fluffy chicks scattered about. Eldest son picked a blue one up and said 'oh look this one has had an electric shock' to which I replied 'no, I think you will find that in order to facilitate your egg consumption they are usually gassed or fed into a wood chipper if they are male'.

Bit below the belt perhaps, but he was due some payback for all the arsey 'Vaygun' comments I have had to endure.

helen105281
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I'm afraid I was rather naughty the other day.

With it being Easter we had all our grown up parasites children round for Lunch. As ever SWMBO had gone totally overboard with the decoration, particularly on the table. Not content with daffodils all over the place she had those little fluffy chicks scattered about. Eldest son picked a blue one up and said 'oh look this one has had an electric shock' to which I replied 'no, I think you will find that in order to facilitate your egg consumption they are usually gassed or fed into a wood chipper if they are male'.

Bit below the belt perhaps, but he was due some payback for all the arsey 'Vaygun' comments I have had to endure.

I like it, I was given a card with 2 chicks on the front and made some comment about them being crushed. Only BB heard me though:(