PDA

View Full Version : Going take a while to like!

pusskins
Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
I made some sushi balls with umeboshi plums in them (recipe taken from Vegan Lunchbox book). I bought the small pot of Sanchi organic umeboshi plums.

Me not like! A taste I've (obviously) not encountered before. I think I shall chop the plums into small pieces in future, and then build it up. Shall I maybe try the paste next?

(I'm a determined one when it comes to food. I'm know I'm going to be told, if I don't like it, don't eat it! Maybe I needed to rinse them or something?)

Anyway, just thought I'd say :o

1gentlemaorispirit
Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:24 PM
I made some sushi balls with umeboshi plums in them (recipe taken from Vegan Lunchbox book). I bought the small pot of Sanchi organic umeboshi plums.

Me not like! A taste I've (obviously) not encountered before. I think I shall chop the plums into small pieces in future, and then build it up. Shall I maybe try the paste next?

(I'm a determined one when it comes to food. I'm know I'm going to be told, if I don't like it, don't eat it! Maybe I needed to rinse them or something?)

Anyway, just thought I'd say :o

Umeboshi plums are strong if you're not used to the taste. I add the paste when making a cheese sause, it adds a "mature cheese" flavour.

Eating a little at a time will help you get used to the taste. You could try adding a little Wasabi onto the plums to help "mask" the taste a little next time you make Sushi.

pusskins
Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:33 PM
Thank you for the suggestions, 1gentlemaorispirit. I'll try out that paste suggestion. Yes, a small piece at a time it will have to be! :D However, on a positive note, my partner really liked them!

1gentlemaorispirit
Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
Thank you for the suggestions, 1gentlemaorispirit. I'll try out that paste suggestion. Yes, a small piece at a time it will have to be! :D However, on a positive note, my partner really liked them!

You're welcome! Does your partner snaffle them greedily? They, umm. . . well . . .er . .creat a lot of wind if eaten in great quantity.:eek::o Please don't ask how I know . . .:o:rolleyes: LOL!

pusskins
Feb 3rd, 2009, 08:01 PM
LOL Right, gotcha :thumbsup: So I'll know when snaffling has been occurring :lol: