PDA

View Full Version : Sweetening unsweetened almond milk?

Chrilynhawk
Feb 9th, 2009, 04:06 PM
My son has here and there been wanting some chocolate milk so last night I bought him some chocolate almond milk. I accidentally picked up the *unsweetened* kind. I didn't notice until I gave him some and he started spitting it out and said "nooo, yuck!" so I tasted it and it tasted kind of bitter.

If I wanted to sweeten this what could I add to it and how much should I add? Ideas?

Thank you!

DiaShel
Feb 9th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I did the same thing once. I blended in some agave nectar and it tasted just right!

Chrilynhawk
Feb 9th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I did the same thing once. I blended in some agave nectar and it tasted just right!
I have that light agave nectar (picked it up by accident, I typically buy the regular stuff), how much would you add? LOL not that he would complain if it was TOO sweet...he's 2, sweetness runs in his veins

Ruby Rose
Feb 9th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Umm... enough until it's sweet enough for your or his taste? What a funny question! :)

Risker
Feb 9th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Apple juice? I think that's what they use to sweeten soya milk.

Enchantress
Feb 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Soya milk sweetened with apple juice is gross, put some sort of sugar or syrup in that almond milk.

Quantum Mechanic
Feb 9th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Has anyone tried putting cocoa powder into almond milk? I suppose you would want to mix in some agave.