PDA

View Full Version : fed up

mchelle81
Feb 15th, 2009, 01:35 PM
ok so i had my daughter 3 years ago i really didnt expect to be still trying to lose my baby weight. i exercise daily burn around about 700-800 cals or if do more then it over 1000 on average i can burn 4000-5000 a week but i am not losing any weight at all im fed up the scales dont budge i measure today i put on 2 pound but lost an inch on my stomach,i get mixed reviews people saying muscle meigh more than fat then others say they weigh same it so confusing. i cant work it out i exercise before breakfast then ill have a smoothie which is banana,yoghurt,small scoop porridge,spoon peanut butter and milk, then i have say a baked potato and beans, then sandwich for tea snacks i will have apple celery carrots with hoummus i drink loads of water and green tea can anyone see where im going wrong ?

JC
Feb 15th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Firstly, are you sure that you're not setting your sights too high? If you were in really good shape before you had your daughter, it's not likely that you'll get that pre-baby body back completely. Muscle definately weighs more than fat, and the fact that you've lost an inch shows just that, so try not to obsess about what the scales say, even though it may be hard. You seem to have a very healthy diet, but do you stick to that same menu day after day, if so you might want to consider making some changes so that you have more variety. For example, you could make a low fat bean casserole, or a big salad with beansprouts and tofu. It could be that you're lacking certain nutrients or maybe you've got intolerances to some of the food that you're eating that makes losing weight difficult. I'm just making lots of suggestions now, maybe someone else can come up with something better. In any case, good luck!!

mchelle81
Feb 15th, 2009, 02:13 PM
no i dont stick to that everyday only thing that same is my smoothie for breakfast i have something different daily, i never weigh myself much if every couple of months i use measure tape instead.i dont need to lose that much really just want to be more comfortable in my clothes im 5.7 and weight 10st 2 or 142 lb i just need some input if im eating too much not enough where can i improve

Spud Addict
Feb 15th, 2009, 02:17 PM
My advice would be to hide the scales up somewhere, I find that reading on there that you have either gained weight or lost no weight at all can be disheartening. If you go by how your clothes feel on you, ie tight, loose or comfortable, it can be more of a satisfying measure of how you're getting on.
I know they say that it doesn't matter what time of day you eat, but I've always felt that personally, if I don't eat around 4 hours before bed time I wake up feeling like my stomach has shrunk a little. Maybe it's just lack of bloated feeling, but maybe give it a try for a week or so and see how you feel. :)

aubergine
Feb 15th, 2009, 07:54 PM
...im 5.7 and weight 10st 2...

That sounds within a healthy range to me.

mchelle81
Feb 15th, 2009, 08:34 PM
well it is in a healthy range but still got the bit of belly i want tightening up it going but it soooo slowly it just gets me down when i hear people say they workout twice or maybe three times a weeks and lost all there weight then i do it 6 days a week and stay same was just feeling a bit low today :(

Hemlock
Feb 15th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I lost 4 stone of baby weight in 6 months, mind you that was a long time ago. middle aged spread is a bit harder.
I lost it following to the letter my mothers diet advice (she has always been really slim despite being able to put on weight easily).
She eats no less that 1300 - 1400 calories when trying to lose weight.
She weighs herself daily, a sudden increase in weight any one day means she eats less that day - the scales are her diet advisor.
She always eats a bigger breakfast than any other meal and most of her calories them: cereal and fruit and orange juice or a large cooked breakfast (not fried obviously). Say around 600-700 calories on breakfast.
Lunch uses up the majority of the days calories and she'll only have bananas or fruit salad or smoothie before bed and NEVER any carbs before bed.
This speeds up the metabolism no end and it really works. I'm doing it right now as I've been naughty and let myself go of late.
This diet has never failed her and she says even when she is not dieting she weighs daily and eats according to what the scales say i.e if a few pounds have gone on she will eat less for a few days. If you can't eat that much at one sitting you can eat smaller meals more often but not after 5 pm.
Hope this helps.