PDA

View Full Version : Help for Milk Chocolate?

snivelingchild
Dec 21st, 2004, 07:25 PM
I need help. I am making little soy milk chocolate bars for my dad for Christmas out of semi-sweet chocolate and soy milk. I tried last night, but I put too much milk in and it made it too fudgy. (Although it was a delicious mistake ;) I need the bars to hold their shape.) Should I use dry or regular soy milk? and does anyone know what proportions to use?

Artichoke47
Dec 21st, 2004, 08:19 PM
No, but I do have a fudgy peanut butter ball recipe you could use instead, if you want:

It's from the COK website.

1 c. nondairy chocolate chips (or carob)

1 c. peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)

3/4 c. maple syrup

1 c. walnuts or pecans, chopped

Mix together the maple syrup, chocolate, and peanut butter in a saucepan and heat on low until melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add the nuts. Chill for 2 hours (or longer), and then form into balls. Makes approximately 20.

*It helps to form the balls and then refrigerate again for about an hour, so they aren't slimy and melty when you pick them up*

These are DELICIOUS!

MzNatural
Dec 21st, 2004, 08:36 PM
Here is another. I got the idea from Sinfully Vegan. I eliminated and added a few other ingredients. I made these a few days ago. :)

Chocolate Nutty Surprise (Vegan)
8 ounces of chocolate chop morsels
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup coarsely or finely chopped nuts
*Optional 1/4 cup shredded coconut

Place chocolate in double boiler/pan until the chocolate morsels. If you are using a pan watch carefully to make sure the chocolate does not burn.
Stir in peanut butter, raisins, and chopped nuts.
Lightly oil a pan or line pan with parchment paper add the chocolate mixture.
Place in the refrigerator until solid.
*If you want it to become solid faster stick in the freezer it will be ready in about an hour. Cut into small squares, enjoy!