PDA

View Full Version : PeTA goes lesbian

Pages : 1 [2]

Windfall
Jun 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM
oops double-post

snivelingchild
Jun 12th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I'm personally annoyed with the threesome-with-lesbians fantasy.

I'm confused. Are you saying you are a annoyed when someone fantasizes about being with two women at once, or with the straight male wanting to "turn lesbians straight" aspect of men fantasizing specifically about being with gay women?

EmilySequoy
Jun 14th, 2009, 03:28 AM
It seems like a combination of both.

There are straight men that approach gay women, and once the woman expresses that she is gay, the men often express they find that a turn on and want to sleep with them and another woman. It seems that there are some men that don't understand that me being gay does not mean I want to go home them and their girlfriend. They don't understand that being a lesbian in reality is not the same as seeing a threesome in certain forms of media.

There are many good men that are understanding and supportive, but yes, lesbians do get approached by people like this (read my above post).

Thereare straight and bisexual couples that like swinging and that is none of my business. If it's between consenting adults, go for it. But when I say "I'm gay," I mean I'm gay, I do not want to go home and make videos with you or whatever.

puca
Jun 14th, 2009, 10:10 AM
It seems like a combination of both.

There are straight men that approach gay women, and once the woman expresses that she is gay, the men often express they find that a turn on and want to sleep with them and another woman. It seems that there are some men that don't understand that me being gay does not mean I want to go home them and their girlfriend. They don't understand that being a lesbian in reality is not the same as seeing a threesome in certain forms of media.

There are many good men that are understanding and supportive, but yes, lesbians do get approached by people like this (read my above post).

Thereare straight and bisexual couples that like swinging and that is none of my business. If it's between consenting adults, go for it. But when I say "I'm gay," I mean I'm gay, I do not want to go home and make videos with you or whatever.
:thumbsup:

I think it can be interpretted in a way, that some people don't take same sex couples as seriously as other kinds of couples. Hence two chicks together must really be waiting for a porking... Double the trophies.

At the same time, I think maybe some men genuinely are that ignorant. I mean how much lesbian representation do we have?

Kate1978
Jun 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM
^ it's such a cliché isn't it? I find the male fantasy about lesbians amusing, that somehow they are going to say "come join us, let's have a threesome". Er, no, they're LESBIANS, by definition they are not interested in men. :satisfied:

But hey I guess the point about fantasies is that they are just that, not reality. Dream on guys! :lol:

EmilySequoy
Jun 14th, 2009, 08:08 PM
^ it's such a cliché isn't it? I find the male fantasy about lesbians amusing, that somehow they are going to say "come join us, let's have a threesome". Er, no, they're LESBIANS, by definition they are not interested in men. :satisfied:

But hey I guess the point about fantasies is that they are just that, not reality. Dream on guys! :lol:

Exactly. If you want a fantasy, keep it in your own business with the appropriate people. Some people don't know where that line is drawn--between fantasy and reality. And thus, they don't understand my comfort boundaries. They don't understand that two chicks being done in a video by a guy is not lesbianism. So they don't get that when I say "No, I'm gay," that means I do not do guys. It does not mean, "No, but I'll indulge your threesome fanstasy anyways."

Sarabi
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:19 AM
Thank you, Emily. I have this straight male friend who opposes gay marriage and homosexuality, and every time I mention something about a gay or bisexual woman, he makes lewd jokes. He'll say, "Menage a trois!" For some reason, that's funny, but homosexuality is against God in his mind. He says it's because male and female were physically made to be together. And apparently menage a trois with two women and a guy is superior under God.

I am reading a really, really amazing paper that talks about how oppressed groups "willingly enforce oppressive standards upon themselves," such as women wearing high heals or dieting despite the ill effects upon their health. Or having threesomes just because their man wants to see them with a woman.

A Feminist Analysis of Animal Rights and PETA
http://www.allacademic.com//meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/2/4/2/2/2/pages242225/p242225-1.php

Windfall
Jun 15th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Thank you, Emily. I have this straight male friend who opposes gay marriage and homosexuality, and every time I mention something about a gay or bisexual woman, he makes lewd jokes. He'll say, "Menage a trois!" For some reason, that's funny, but homosexuality is against God in his mind. He says it's because male and female were physically made to be together. And apparently menage a trois with two women and a guy is superior under God.

Gah I just can't tolerate behaviour like that, I have also heard it, so many times..