PDA

View Full Version : Pancake Day

Daffodil
Feb 20th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Anyone have a good vegan pancake recipe? Is it right that only milk and flour is needed??

derwenna
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:06 AM
This is my p!ss-easy vegan pancake recipe: http://www.cookingforvegans.co.uk/cooking/desserts/veganpancakes.html Yep, flour and soya milk. I've seen other recipes with about ten ingredients so you could make it more complicated if you like, but this one works for me. Probably better to use soya milk than other types of milk as it seems to be better at binding.

twinkle
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:07 AM
It depends what kind of pancakes you want! If you want the thin ones just flour and liquid of choice (water will do in a pinch) plus maybe a pinch of sugar and salt are fine as they're just a carrier for toppings really, or you can make fluffy ones with blueberries or whatever you like. I don't have a recipe to hand but I know there are tons floating about!

Daffodil
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:09 AM
ok thanks guys. we're gonna have a trial pancake day tomorrow (any excuse eh)....i love sugar and lemon juice on mine.... :-)

Kevin2
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:34 AM
I add baking powder as a fluffening(tm) agent.

Daffodil
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:58 AM
I add baking powder as a fluffening(tm) agent.

haha great word!:D

veganprin
Feb 21st, 2009, 08:46 AM
I add baking powder as well and I've just had pancakes for breakfast - yum, I'll be making them on Tuesday as well - can't get enough :D

1gentlemaorispirit
Feb 21st, 2009, 01:18 PM
My OH loves pancakes. For him every day would be pancake day! :) I think they are revolting things, but each to their own.

cedarblue
Feb 21st, 2009, 06:12 PM
just flour and milk for me too - with lemon, maple syrup and a little soy or oat cream drizzled over the top.

seamus
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:29 PM
would a bit of egg replaces work at all?
before veganism you know my mothers recipe would contain milk, eggs and flour.

veganprin
Feb 23rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
my recipe, well not mine but I can't find the link of where I got it from :)

1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
1 cup milk
2 tbsp oil

makes about 6 yummy pancakes :D

Spud Addict
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:59 PM
would a bit of egg replaces work at all?
before veganism you know my mothers recipe would contain milk, eggs and flour.

Whenever I've made pancakes I've used the same recipe my mum used to make with eggs, milk and flour, only using egg replacer and soya milk instead. They worked fine for me. :)

talknerdytome
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
I just used soya milk and flour and they worked PERFECT!

My omni friend couldn't tell the difference =] Thank you so much!

Pansypuss
Feb 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM
For sweet ones I use a cup of flour, a cup of soya milk, one teaspoon baking powder (I guess you wouldn't need this if you use SR flour), a pinch of salt. Mix together and then add a mashed banana. They are American style, quite thick but delicious. My omni. son prefers them to ordinary pancakes made with eggs:)

Mr Flibble
Feb 24th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Hello fellow tossers

This is my p!ss-easy vegan pancake recipe: http://www.cookingforvegans.co.uk/cooking/desserts/veganpancakes.html Yep, flour and soya milk. I've seen other recipes with about ten ingredients so you could make it more complicated if you like, but this one works for me. Probably better to use soya milk than other types of milk as it seems to be better at binding.

I used your recipe last night and it made 14 (not 7!) of what were undoubtably the best vegan pancakes I've ever had (aka the best I've had in the past 10 years). Far better than those that I've had in restuarants and identical in every way to that i remember non vegan ones being. Why do people put eggs in things again?

Even the first one worked! :eek:

cobweb
Feb 24th, 2009, 06:49 PM
my recipe, well not mine but I can't find the link of where I got it from :)

1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
1 cup milk
2 tbsp oil

makes about 6 yummy pancakes :D

this is the one i use, too, only i just made one humungous one out of it today (hard to flip!! :amazed_ani:) and we all shared it.

Gorilla
Feb 25th, 2009, 01:23 PM
This is my p!ss-easy vegan pancake recipe: http://www.cookingforvegans.co.uk/cooking/desserts/veganpancakes.html Yep, flour and soya milk.

i used this last night too, mostly because it was a spur of the moment decision to make pancakes and didn't have most of the ingredients other recipes call for. i made too many and felt sick afterwards but they were nice. i ate them with vegan 'honey' and vanilla Swedish Glace.

vegcurry
Feb 25th, 2009, 01:39 PM
We used the recipe from Vegan With A Vengeance which worked wonders as always.
Toppings included: Dairy free chocolate spread, and lemon & orange juice with maple syrup. There's even some batter left over for a treat tonight. :)

genisis
Feb 25th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I think any vegan pancake recipe is 'flippin' good :lol:

squigaletta
Feb 27th, 2009, 11:16 PM

oh thank you, amazing recipe, my omi friend made them for me :)

Ruby Rose
Feb 28th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I used your recipe to, Derwenna - thank you so much - it worked like a charm. Just lemon juice and sugar for us... traditional to the core when it comes to pancakes.

Gorilla
Mar 10th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Pancake eating contest winner chokes to death (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090310/twl-pancake-eating-contest-winner-chokes-3fd0ae9.html)