PDA

View Full Version : The Old Angel, Nottingham

cxmnz
Mar 7th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I don't know how well The Old Angel in Nottingham is known, it's a pretty nice 'rock' pub just outside the town centre, and one of my favourite haunts from my student days.

Anyway, I work round the corner and saw they had boards outside for their new menu, which consists of about 50 (yes, fifty!) different burgers, all of which have a vegan option so popped in the other night on my way to see Fucked Up.

What can I say? Absolutely brilliant! The burgers are made from Veggies (another Nottingham vegan institution) burger mix, and well tasty. The options are many and hard to choose from as they all sound so good, I went for the 'Crass Burger' - named after the band which included mixed veg in a spicy sauce, vegan cheese, salad and mayo as well as curly fries (only £5.50). What is it about making fries curly that makes them taste so much better?

Anyway, if you're local or ever in Nottingham I'd thoroughly recommend it! They had a reasonable menu with a good selection of vegan options in the past, then it went a bit downhill until the other week now that someone new has taken over the kitchen and brought in this new menu.

I must sound like I'm some advertiser or something, but I'm just heartily recommending somewhere well worth eating at. It was heightened all the more by lots of confused Killers fans on the way to the arena that night who'd decided to pop in there on the way - I do love a good bit of people watching!

Oh, and pints of cider are down to about £1.50 too!

I just re-read this and I really do sound like a spammer, I'm not - honest!

jimmeh
Mar 7th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Fantastic! I'm coming down to Nottingham for OU summer school in July so I'll definitely check it out

Sloth
Mar 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Eh? I can't believe I've never noticed that they sell vegan food...And I've been to see quite a few bands there. :hmm: How could I have missed that?

Gorilla
Mar 9th, 2009, 02:10 PM
sounds great, not that i ever go to Nottingham but i'd definitely check it out if i did!

Chris O
Mar 12th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I've seen the menu but not had a chance to pop in yet.
I'm going to be picking my bike up from Freewheel just down the road in the next day or so so I'm seeing some tasty veggie burger action!