PDA

View Full Version : Favourite popcorn toppings

Buddha Belly
Mar 30th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Hi, following on from the strangly popular chip topping thread I wondered if anyone else makes popcorn and what toppings they put on.
This is a little strange but we like any combination of the following:

Curry powder
Fajita powder
Garlic granules
Piri piri
Basil
Salt
Chilli powder
Pepper
Sugar
Coco powder
Lemony pepper

The best bit is after 2-3 mixes and the unusual flavour combinations left in the bottom of the bowl.

Cherry
Mar 30th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I quite like it with nothing on (oo er). Or coated in toffee. I prefer chips though :D

kaybee
Mar 30th, 2009, 11:46 PM
olive oil, tamari, and nutritional yeast. "cheesy" flavor. yum

or olive oil, nutritional yeast, and various herbs/spices basil, etc

veganchef
Mar 30th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Cinnamon and icing sugar.

DiaShel
Mar 31st, 2009, 03:11 AM
uh, vegan butter! What else :p

beanstew
Mar 31st, 2009, 08:24 AM
I take my popcorn sweet. A mixture of Pure sunflower spread, golden syrup and demerara sugar heated until it's one big gloopy mess. Healthy!

Gorilla
Mar 31st, 2009, 10:33 AM
i hardly ever eat popcorn, but if i do it's always just with salt. i'm not keen on sweet popcorn.

BlackCats
Mar 31st, 2009, 11:05 AM
I don't like popcorn at all.:down: My husband likes it and he prefers just sweet popcorn with toffee on.

1gentlemaorispirit
Mar 31st, 2009, 11:38 AM
I like a mix of salt and sweet with chocolate bits. Another flavour sensations is black pepper, garlic and herbs (chocolate optional!:p).

Beanstew, my OH makes his popcorn with pure, golden syrup and dem:puera sugar . . .way too sweet for me!:(

Windfall
Jun 20th, 2009, 01:00 AM
nutritional yeast or tabasco or any mix of salt and herbs.

I had never tried sweet popcorn til I moved to the UK, are the sweet popcorn in cinemas vegan? Or, does anyone know how to make something that tastes just like it?

DavidT
Jun 26th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Nutritional yeast for me.