PDA

View Full Version : innocent veg pots ?

Pages : [1] 2

mchelle81
Mar 31st, 2009, 12:56 PM
i was reading magazine last night and saw that innocent have made some new veg pots supposed to be in sainsburys and tesco, has anyone seen them anywhere ? i went sainsburys this morning to look for them but i couldnt find them.
there stews and curries i looked in fridges by other soups but no luck anyone tried them and where did you get them ?

harpy
Mar 31st, 2009, 01:07 PM
I did see some somewhere - think it might have been Waitrose. The pots seemed quite small for the price but I can see they would be good in an emergency.

mchelle81
Mar 31st, 2009, 01:09 PM
not sure how big they are as only seen them in mag and online, but they supposed to be £3.49 i think i only buy the smoothies when they on offer as i think they rather dear.

harpy
Mar 31st, 2009, 01:20 PM
I'm not really a smoothie person, but I see on their website they're claiming it's cheaper to buy their smoothies (the cartons rather than the little bottles) than make the equivalent at home. I suppose a smoothie requires quite a lot of fruit?

Gorilla
Mar 31st, 2009, 03:10 PM
i've mentioned these in a couple of threads on here.

http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/things_we_make/vegpots/

they seem a bit difficult to get hold of, the shops that do have them seem to mostly stock the non-vegan ones, so be careful if you do find any. i managed to get the sweet potato chilli in Sainsburys when they were on special offer, 2 for £5 which i think is much better value than full price.

mchelle81
Mar 31st, 2009, 03:17 PM
i never buy innocent stuff full price i only get them if they on offer,:)

Marrers
Mar 31st, 2009, 05:34 PM
I've definitely seen them in Sainsburys, maybe in Waitrose too. I've bought them a few times when they are on offer (sometimes they are £2.49).
There was a seasonal special one recently which was vegan, it was a curry. They are all really nice imo and the pots hold more than they appear to - it's a decent portion I think (and I'm a bit greedy :)).

mchelle81
Mar 31st, 2009, 06:57 PM
where are they in the shop the fridge ? or in a special section i couldnt find them anywhere today

sandra
Mar 31st, 2009, 07:25 PM
I saw some of these in Tesco but they weren't suitable for vegans! :(
Which ones are suitable?

mchelle81
Mar 31st, 2009, 07:30 PM
if you go to the innocent website and click on them it says which ones are vegan :)

Marrers
Mar 31st, 2009, 07:35 PM
It says vegetarian or vegetarian and vegan on the packaging sandra.

I think they were in the veggie chilled section mchelle81, where the quorn stuff is kept.

mchelle81
Mar 31st, 2009, 07:41 PM
oh in that case they musnt sell any in my store then thats where i looked first thats disapointing :(

sandra
Mar 31st, 2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks I'll look up the website and find out which ones are vegan! :)

Marrers
Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
Just to say I saw these in Waitrose yesterday in the chilled soup section!

mchelle81
Apr 3rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
i got a reply off them on facebook said they in the chilled ready meal section in sainsburys, they not in sainsburys by me :( i have sent them a message asking why they not all vegan ? waiting for a reply

Marrers
Apr 6th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Saw these on offer at £2.99 in Planet Organic today (Torrington Place).

Corum
Apr 7th, 2009, 07:43 AM
bad news guys...
I for one will never be buying Innocent anything, ever again - now they've sold out to Coca Cola :(

I don't care if they're vegan, organic or the most ethically produced product on the planet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7986901.stm

vegJenny
Feb 23rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
I've seen the veg pots both in Tesco and Sainstury's. Now the questions is are they good? I am new to vegan food and I don't always like how it tastes :(
I've read an article and they say you can try out the Thai Curry veg pot for free (http://www.worldofdeals.co.uk/freebies/grocery/innocent-thai-curry-veg-pot-for-free). I must have found it too late because now it says they've given away already today's veg posts.
Anybody tried getting the free veg pots?

harpy
Feb 23rd, 2011, 11:54 AM
Hello vegJenny, welcome to the forum.

I haven't seen the free offer but I have had the vegan ones a couple of times and thought they were OK. I never think pre-prepared stuff tastes as good as what even I (as a fairly lazy and unimaginative cook) could make myself using fresh vegetables, but they can be handy in an "emergency".

Please let us know what you think if you try one. You need to check the packaging because not all are vegan.

vegJenny
Feb 23rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks for your comment. I was also thinking at these veg post for emergency cases :D
I'll keep an eye for that free veg pot the next days. If it doesn't work out I'll head to Tesco and buy one. I'll let you know how it goes ;)

Barefootinthegrass
Mar 25th, 2011, 05:15 PM
If they weren't so expensive I'd happily live off them. :D The small Tesco near where I live has 4 or 5 different kinds (all vegan) in their veggie section, and they are gorgeous.

Risker
Mar 26th, 2011, 01:08 AM
They're okay but nothing amazing and definitely not worth the price. Seems to me that the reason for them being so expensive is that they add things like loose spinach leaves which have a short shelf life meaning the whole product has to be short dated just because of a couple of ingredients.

Much cheaper to get an own brand curry and a bag of spinach and combine them yourself, tastes about the same as well.

sandra
Mar 26th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I agree. I bought two of them yesterday half price in Tesco. I find them very bland and quite sickly. My daughter took one forkful and couldn't eat anymore. It wouldn't be so bad if they were cheaper but even at half price they were still £1.74 and in my opinion they just aren't worth that. :(

aliaslotte
Mar 26th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I tried two pots a while ago, when they were BOGOF at Sainsbury's. I ate less than half of them both. I just didn't like them. The flavours were not my 'thing' and I didn't like the way everything was mixed together. It made it a rather bland, monotonous eating experience. So, on both occasions, I gave up.

It is a shame though, as they are healthy, vegan and super convenient. Plus, everything else I have tried from Innocent is lush.

leedsveg
Mar 27th, 2011, 12:14 AM
bad news guys...
I for one will never be buying Innocent anything, ever again - now they've sold out to Coca Cola :(

I don't care if they're vegan, organic or the most ethically produced product on the planet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7986901.stm

I can see where Corum was coming from with the above posting made 2 years ago. What I find particularly sad is that the people at Innocent are still coming out with the same jokey, ethical tosh they were coming out with pre-Coca Cola, as though nothing has changed.

Lv