PDA

View Full Version : Cornish Pasties

Pob
Apr 6th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Apologies to people from Cornwall if these are in no way traditional...

Ingredients
2 medium onions, chopped
1 medium carrot grated
1/2 medium swede grated
1 medium potato grated
1 tin green lentils, drained
Pack of thawed frozen puff pastry (the one with two blocks in). I used it straight from the fridge.
dried sage
ground black pepper
parsley
vecon and/or yeast extract

Method:
Fry onion while grating the other veg, then add to frying pan and continue frying on a medium heat for about 10 mins. Add a little water if it starts to stick.
Add loads of sage and black pepper, plus a little parsley, and the vecon/yeast extract. Cook for another 5 minutes or so to get all the flavours mixed and adjust seasoning as required.
Mix in the lentils and check flavour.

Allow to cool. I left it in the fridge overnight and finished it off the next day.

Roll out pastry till it's nice and thin and press out circles with cappuccino cup. I got 22 circles out of the pastry in total, but I think only 12 from the first rolling.

Put a rounded dessertspoon of mixture in the centre of each pastry circle, fold over and crimp firmly with your thumb. I found that milk didn't help sealing it and dry pastry sealed best. Prick the top.

Dust them with flour, stack in a shallow tray and stick in the freezer overnight. Next day seperate and transfer to freezer bags.

Take about 15-20 mins from frozen at 200 C.