PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with short slaughterhouse video

Infinitus
Apr 26th, 2009, 05:33 AM
I will soon be giving a short presentation on what is wrong with the world. A major part of this presentation will be animal exploitation, especially meat and animal slaughter.

I wish to show a short video of 1 ~ 2 minutes in length of modern western animal slaughter.

If anyone here in a position to help me - someone with existing video and video editing know-how -, and willing to put a video together for me, I should be most grateful.

Tigerlily
Apr 26th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Hi, Infinitus. That sounds like a good presentation! I'm assuming this is for school? The younger generation tend to be more open-minded about these sorts of things.

I'm not sure if this helps but Peta has videos. Anyone is allowed to use them, present them, take clips from, etc (as far as I know, I'm sure the site will say). I'm not sure what your stance on Peta is, pro or anti. But if you would like non-Peta stuff also, ask Vegan Outreach and Mercy For Animals if they have any footage they can let you use.

Unforuntately, I'm not a pro at video making. But if you have Windows, there should be Windows Movie Maker or something already installed. A novice could make a simple enough video. But if you wanted a "wow" video, like movie quality, you might need some money.

Infinitus
Apr 26th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks,

I know there are many videos available, but the problem is time; I have not edited video before and I also have a great deal of other important tasks to complete in very limited time. Because of this I am hoping to delegate this task, and that someone with prior editing experience will complete it for me - not just for me but for the overall effort.

There will not be time during the presentation to play videos, even the short PETA videos, in their entirety, which is why I need the most explicit parts edited together to form a clip of 30-seconds to a minute or so in length.

Buddha Belly
Apr 26th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Are you near Cambridge? If so have a look for Camlets which is a labour exchange system. There is a load of pc and video people on there who should be able to help. If no one here can.

Infinitus
Apr 26th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks,

I took a look at the Camlets website: http://www.camlets.org/yellowpages.html

Unfortunately I do not see anything there likely to be suitable, especially for this type of assignment.

I basically have a week to get this presentation together. It is unlikely that I will be able to do everything by myself. I am still hoping that someone will help me, and in doing so help to wake a bunch of people up.

Mahk
Apr 27th, 2009, 03:37 AM
A lot of people who watch the following video mistakenly think," Oh, so this is how kosher beef is made". This is incorrect. The people depicted in this undercover video are breaking tons of kosher laws in the way they are killing cows. Warning, it is very graphic. Sorry I don't know how to edit into a shorter form but thought to send it anyway.

Link. (http://www.goveg.com/jsfkosher.asp)

Sarabi
Apr 29th, 2009, 05:37 AM
I will soon be giving a short presentation on what is wrong with the world.
:lol: How are you going to even gloss that in a short presentation?